Re-Adding NBT Paste for ops

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • NBT Paste in the Shop

NBT Paste has been a topic of controversy for quite a while, and i think is time someone proposed a solution that could be.. reasonable? I dont really know if this sounds reasonable in the slightest to anyone, anyways, what im proposing here is that NBT paste becomes an expensive shop perk, the idea is that, for example, imagine someone grinds out the price for NBT paste, but then uses it maliciously, then gets a permban, thats days, possibly weeks that someone wasted abusing NBT paste, for them to abuse it again, they would have to grind out that same price again, the higher the price, the more expensive it is time-wise for someone to use NBT paste maliciously.

Price i think would be pretty reasonable given the security risk: 5000 Coins

As i can see, this just got split from a post

Endermatter Cat-Person with wings and Magic who follows the Cat Religion.

"Never Surrender."

•   RedEastWood The best option would be to allow NBT in specific scenarios where you're not changing the current NBT of the affected build, like //move. To my knowledge there isn't a way to set WorldEdit to do that (you either allow applying NBT to blocks or not) so we'd need a developer tweaking TFM to mess with specific WE commands.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

•   Zarcana Locking a feature like this behind a shop perk is something I don't think will ever happen. I'm not a fan of it - I know Ryan and others like this server to be where it doesn't matter if you've played for 10 minutes or 12 years, you have the same access to features as anyone else with the same rank does.

Shop items are cosmetic things to mess around with a little but NBT paste and other features like that should never be locked behind coins.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.