Freedom Server Maintenance - Monday 30th November 2020

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Just to let everyone know I'm going to be moving the database that stores all of the Freedom servers player data to run on our main Database service between 13:00 and 15:00 UK Time.

While I don't expect it to take this long, it very possibly might.

This change should let the player data load a lot quicker, and will allow us to also start tracking player time in SMP as well, and surface that data in a sane way to the overall dashboard, and when we bring the hub server in it can track that as well. It will also longer term allow us to phase over to a different option that will run at the network level when we come to bringing the network fully into service.

Full outage information can be found here, and updates will be published on the same link - https://status.atlas-media.co.uk/maintenances/X6MgoWfllUhZ

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• We are now starting this.

The SMP and MB Servers will not be affected just for clarity.

Wild1145

• To update, this is taking considerably longer than we had expected.

While this is underway if you want to play on a TF server, why not hop on the SMP Server using the IP Address

beta.smp.play.totalfreedom.me

I'll update when this is done, and the link in the original post has a number of updates on our progress so far.

Wild1145

• I've decided that given I can't see this happening any time soon I'm going to cancel this maintenance and re-schedule it for later this week. This proved to be significantly more complex than we had expected.

Wild1145