Plot World - Your Input Required!

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • As some of you will already be aware, we are looking to undertake some work to change our how plots world ultimately functions, and to move it out into it's own dedicated server on the TF Network.

I am aware that @"Miwojedk"#64 made a great thread with some suggestions to improve the plot world experience, and others on many occasions have expressed an interest in us changing how it would function.

The plot server won't run TFM and won't be "All OP" but I hope it will as a minimum provide the same sort of functionality as what we have in the current plot world, along with the flexility to add new plugins that we haven't previously been able to support.

We will be looking to stand up a "Demo" server in the coming weeks and will be inviting the Master Builder team along with some of our super active players from Mentally Unstable to join and help us beta test the server.

I'm really keen to hear how you folks would like us to get it setup, what plugins you would like to see and any specific gameplay experience changes you would like to see. I'm hoping to use this as the "Mega Thread" to help us shape this new experience.

I will also say we won't be transferring the current plot world world on to the new server as we want to be able to make various changes to the environment, but that does mean folks have more or less a clean slate to work with.

Look forward to hearing what you all would like to see.

Current Proposal

Last Update: 12th Sept 2021 - 17:35 BST

Plugins List:

• Plots Squared
    • Essentials
    • CoreProtect
    • WorldEdit (Potentially FAWE if CoreProtect integration can be resolved)
    • NetworkManager
    • VoxelSniper (Subject to there being no integration issues with PlotsSquared, I don't expect there will be any)

Plugins Subject to FAWE:

• goBrush
    • goPaint

Non-Functional Requirements:

• MB Team to be tasked with creating / a custom spawn (Since @"RedEastWood"#47 ended up doing a lot of this for the current plot world, we might just lift and shift / tweak that one rather than start from scratch).
    • Ensure at least 1-2 "Rings" of plots around the spawn are showcasing MB Builds by the MB Team, give players a chance to think there is good content rather than empty plots of my style of box houses...

Features to look at / work through in more detail:

• Exact Plot sizing (I would want them to be smaller than they currently are, I'm currently thinking something around a 30x30 should be good, and the default number being given to a "New Player" being 10 Plots)
    • Cross-Server Chat
    • Schematics Management
    • Ability to plot download (This should already be possible but appears to be a bug with the current config / setup)
    • World Border (Will be a requirement, but need to ensure it can work with PlotSquared in a sane way to stop people claiming and generating chunks miles away from spawn and leaving generated chunks "Empty")

Known Permissions players should be issued where they may not currently have

• Ability to merge plots
    • More Generous WorldEdit limit (Again this will be subject to some testing to ensure we can balance stability of the server with WorldEdit changes)

Known Issues we will need to resolve:

• Guild Warps that are currently in the plot world
    • Essentials Warps that are currently in the plot world

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   Luke Yes, it's one of the main reasons for doing it, plugins like FAWE, Voxel etc etc become far far more practical on a dedicated server without TFM, but we should still be able to provide the same levels of freedom (Or so I expect anyway) :)

Wild1145

• This is the type of expansion I want. Sacrificing TFM seems to be a very taboo subject for some (perhaps because they see it as some sort of purity test for freedom) but in this case, it allows people to get more of what they want. Building plugins are a lot easier to do in a separate plot world (as seen in servers like Builder's Refuge etc). Better options for building is something a lot of people have been wanting on TF for a long time, as opposed to things like Skyblock.

I approve of this.

• What will happen in terms of staff ranks - and is there a possibility of merging the chats so players on the plotworld aren't isolated from the rest of the server?

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

erin What will happen in terms of staff ranks

For the foreseeable future it will be separately administered. We don't currently have the ability to sync the ranks.

erin and is there a possibility of merging the chats so players on the plotworld aren't isolated from the rest of the server?

It's possible, though not something I'm super keen on if I'm honest, especially with different administrators.

Wild1145

• A toggle to allow players to use cross-server chat. Avoids isolation and who administrate both plots and freeOP can easily hop around if they see something's going on.

ETA: is it possible to unlock NBT paste in this server?

(Replying to a deleted message) Shared schematics are totally possible. Shared clipboard is not, however you could use a schematic and overwrite it whenever you need.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• I support moving Plots to its own server since the experience can be tailored for a better building experience.
    Here's my take on this:

• Plots should be a generous size such as 127x127 or 256x256 and players should be granted a fair amount of plots such as 8 to claim starting out, with the ability to claim qnd merge plots for more room, and there should be a non-monetary way to earn extra plots, such as voting for the server or winning/participation in events.
    • Also, considering this will be independent of TFM, proper permissions can be taken advantage of, which can allow for unlocking more WorldEdit features such as a bigger block limit, brushes or tools that are normally blocked because unless you are invited to someone's plot, you cannot grief plots other than your own.
    • The addition of VoxelSniper should also be considered since the plot server's target audience seems to be the type of people who build and Voxel is a big help.
    • The rules should also be similar to the main Freedom server as much as possible to maximise the "freedom" aspect, but can be tailored to integrate with the plots aspect if needed.
    • Include CoreProtect. This one's obvious and needs little explanation.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

FromTimeToTime my question is will there be shared clipboards, shared schematics, and/or an easy way for ops to transfer builds between the two servers?

Shared clipboards are unlikely.

Shared schematics will be a thing but probably not initially as there are issues with how the freedom game mode manages schematics.

Wild1145

Tizz toggle to allow players to use cross-server chat. Avoids isolation and who administrate both plots and freeOP can easily hop around if they see something's going on

Think I covered this on other posts.

Tizz ETA: is it possible to unlock NBT paste in this server?

Probably.

Alco_Rs11 Plots should be a generous size such as 127x127 or 256x256 and players should be granted a fair amount of plots such as 8 to claim starting out, with the ability to claim qnd merge plots for more room, and there should be a non-monetary way to earn extra plots, such as voting for the server or winning/participation in events.

The current plan is the total opposite. Allow players to have a fair few plots but keep them all pretty small. I think in @"Miwojedk"#64 's thread the suggestion was 25x25.

Alco_Rs11 Also, considering this will be independent of TFM, proper permissions can be taken advantage of, which can allow for unlocking more WorldEdit features such as a bigger block limit, brushes or tools that are normally blocked because unless you are invited to someone's plot, you cannot grief plots other than your own.

Yes. That's the intention. As many of the worldedit commands that can be enabled will be.

littleconnor1

That isn't something we would look to do. We have a Dev server for good reason and testing plug-ins on the plot server isn't a great idea.

Wild1145

@'Ryan' I think in @Miwojedk 's thread the suggestion was 25x25.

That's ridiculously small. For reference, current plot size's 100x100.

FromTimeToTime sounds like the existing plotworld will be wiped

Plotworld's full of memories as it still has stuff from the cracked times so I object to this. My understanding's that the plot server will be in a clean state.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

•   Tizz

That's ridiculously small. For reference, current plot size's 100x100.

And?
    There's no reason in having a plotworld if the plots themselves amount to the same size build one is able to make in the overworld. You can get protection both places, and you can save your builds in both places.