Admin Application - James

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Have you first read the pre-application checklist (http://goo.gl/VwDDq2) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

Yes I have

What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.

iAcctioNi and timecode is UTC +0:00

What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.

14/11/20 Forums didn't really exist much before this date

Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested).

Yes discord user is James#2627

What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.

Employed full time

Do have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.

Project manage the SMP server and run half of the projects within the company that owns TF.

How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service.

I can be active on the server several times a week.

Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.) - Required atleast 1 recommendation from an Admin or a Senior Admin.

wild1145
    (Ignore lyicx vouch though he doesn't matter)

Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No).

No. My account is personal and private.

What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph).

I am personable and friendly easily approachable. I believe in building a strong community is at the core of any good server. I also help Ryan run the behind the scenes of things with the TF server anyway and would like to become more involved with the server.

What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).

Europe

Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

Yes I can

Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no).

Yes I have read and do understand the notes below.

Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites?

Note 1: If an admin asks you a direct question, you should reply. If an admin objects and give reasons that you believe are incorrect, you may reply to state why you believe the reasons are incorrect; do not rage or get dramatic - just state facts and do not reply more than once; no debates.

@SupItsDillon#1980 Going to object under the basis that the user has only been active on the server for just over 1hr 20mins in the past 30 days.

@James#1977 I also help Ryan run the behind the scenes of things with the TF server anyway and would like to become more involved with the server.

He helps run TF server side.

• From a purely technical point of view, you do not need to be an admin on the freedom server to manage the machine it is running on. The only reason you would want to be an admin is that the current rank system is not designed for the position you are in. That is why I think it would be better to change the rank system so that you can be formally recognized as a staff member without getting extra permissions ingame. For now, under our current rank system, I have to object.

• @SupItsDillon#1989 If it was a handout to a friend, he'd already be an admin.

For additional context here, James is a member of the ATLAS senior management team, and is effectively the second in command of the company, so if I am not able to be reached for any reason, he has the delegated authority to make decisions that I usually would. He oversees a number of ATLAS projects including the TF SMP Server, and is involved in the running of this server and community from an ATLAS perspective which is why I've recommended him becoming an admin, to enable him to work more closely with our existing team and to get more involved with the community as a whole.

There is a bigger question around how we handle staff as a position as @StevenNL2000#1990 mentions in his reply, where we need to work out a better system both for ATLAS staff members that are wanting to get involved in the server at a lower level, but also for how we handle SMP ranks and other staff ranks in the future especially once we do bungee things together. That's not to say there is a solution today, but I do agree something needs to be thought through as to how we deal with these sorts of scenarios going forward, and is something we will be working on so as TF grows and we hopefully bring more gamemodes on board where there may be differences in staff, and as ATLAS hopefully continues to grow and we have more people involved from the ATLAS perspective when it comes to TF, we can recognise and enable those individuals as appropriate.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• i am lyicxablechan, multi world record holder, former leader of the english in the IRA borderwar, CEO of LyicxCorp, alpha server liaison assistant, admin on the totalfreedom minecraft server and future forum moderator

thats who i am @simplynick#2593

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey