Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I've seen we're too divided on them as this feature keeps being toggled on and off. I'd say let come to an agreement so we don't confuse OPs and don't risk being screamed at for changing the toggle.

Personally I don't see the problem if we are sure it can't be abused in a so harmful way that a sanction isn't enough.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• So the thing I've noticed is that we usually have many Minecraft features off - these have been toggled off in the past as solutions. To protect us from exploits, we usually have it off nowadays too. We don't have to have it like that though.

Yesterday I switched on Death Messages, and they managed to stay on for a day without being exploited. If they are exploited though, let's not switch off Death Messages.. let's instead sanction the users who abuse them. OPs and Admins alike enjoyed having it on - they had fun with the feature. I don't think it's fair to switch it off just for the benefit of protecting us from exploits when we could just /cleanchat and sanction the user accordingly. Yes, it's more work but when we signed up to become admin we agreed to anything changing in the system at any time.

• Death messages should currently be disabled... Which is intentional. There's a Dev ticket to implement our own version of them which can be safe for players iirc.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   You! I’m pretty sure I’ve told you that it’s disabled because I remember once I enabled them and got yelled at by Fleek - then I saw you doing it and told you off for it too.

I think the server crashed because of the death messages somehow (back when I enabled them)