Keep templates of the discord server

•   You! I apologise, it appears images / videos are stored.

However, I have seen no evidence to suggest that user's messages and server information are kept upon deletion. You can't simply assume that messages are stored too, as there are many various reasons as to why images / videos are stored.

Shdwo You can't simply assume that messages are stored too, as there are many various reasons as to why images / videos are stored.

You certainly can... Given images / video's should not be stored according to Discord, I wouldn't trust they don't actually cache anything.

And for the 100th time... They should have backups of the service for their own disaster recovery scenarios... Or they should give us as a server admin / owner proper tools to export the content of the discord server in a way that can be restored if they did have a disaster and lose everything... Giving us neither option is what I'm pissed off about.

Given they are a managed service, they 100% have copies of the data for these sorts of scenarios, because they'd go bankrupt if their hosting environment was compromised / crashed / whatever and they couldn't restore the data into a new operational environment. It's basic SysAdmin stuff...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Funfact:
    1 - Send a message
    2 - Copy the message link
    3 - Delete the message
    4 - Open another session of discord where the message isn't cached
    5 - Use the message link on that instance of discord
    6 - Notice how discord still scrolls up to the deleted message
    That's proof enough for me that discord doesn't delete the messages

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

•   Folfy_Blue Was about to say the same thing and the fact discord is neglecting to help us is stupid.

Also discord has and always will save things sent. I imagine there should be certain circumstances where messages may be deleted for real but to my knowledge they aren't.

• We've confirmed that a template would be useless for disaster recovery as Discord doesn't let you restore a template when you create a new server. As such this isn't something we will look to push forward with.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK