Apple scanning phones for CP material

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   enchy I don't understand how you can call it scary unless you have said material on your phone. It is indeed a great idea; you're however making it sound like Apple employees are going to look through your photos one by one, which in actual fact will advanced AI, which has been around for a number of years now may I add. The AI won't even look at the picture per say either, but much rather look at patterns in the image, file names and image headers etc. They won't be bothered about your pictures of you at the beach or a picture of your dog

tl;dr not scary if you haven't got anything to hide, and if you do, you deserve what will come to you

On the google thing, this has been a known fact for years, there's even a warning when you open incognito mode, if you think you won't be tracked while using it, you've been living under a rock.

• @'SupItsDillon' This is the logic you are using: you should be fine with the government searching your entire house every day, because if you don't have anything illegal in your house, you should be fine.
    I have no idea how you can justify them doing this knowing that they are scanning through every single photo on your phone. And who's to say that CP is the only thing they will be looking for? The Biden administration has already talked to phone companies about blocking private texts that have vaccine misinformation. What's next? We get a Putin president who censors all private texts about any government opposition? We cannot allow for a precedent to be set of the government routinely searching through private property, no matter how honest the intentions may seem.

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• @'SupItsDillon' the fact that you connect the right to privacy to being a conspiracy theorist and anti vax is concerncing
    do you seriously not see a problem with the government searching through your photos?
    as i said, they may have good intentions but we cannot set a precedent of the government searching your private property with no reason, there's a reason that police have to get warrants to search your property
    and you didn't answer my question: would you be fine with the government searching your house everyday? because if you arent doing anything illegal, you should be completely fine with the government knowing your property inside and out, everything you own, where it is, what it is, and why not leak it to the public too so everyone around you knows everything about your property? people have already suggested a national gun registry thats open to the public, it cant be too far away
    to quote my man franklin: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both"
    it should be obvious that completely sacrificing your privacy to the government is a shitty idea
    sorry for rambley reply

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

•   enchy Jesus christ maybe look into what you’re talking about before spreading misinformation…

No one is “looking through your photos.” They cross reference the hash of your photos with a database of hashes of known CP material. There is quite literally no invasion of privacy happening and is actually practice that other tech companies have been doing for a while, apple is just late to the party.

•   elmon well yea they arent manually looking through it but the photos are being scanned
    and again, who's to say that cp is the only thing that will get "cross referenced"
    the best way to stop abuse of power is to stop the power from being used at all in the first place
    ive heard stories from people who know missionaries in China and they have to use vpns and encrypt everything on their computers because china has the power to scan everything on their people's devices
    you can call me a conspiracy theorist all you want but you cant deny that governments seem to have an ugly habit of abusing power, and they are completely free from consequence because people will make the same arguments that you do and label anyone who is skeptical of the government a "conspiracy theorist"

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png