Update on the legacy Proboards Forums

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • As part of the work we've been doing to review all of our projects, I wanted to give you a bit of an update on the old Proboards forums as progress is being made.

First (Just because the title of the thread and all) we aren't deleting the Proboards forums or stopping work, progress has been slow as there's been a few more complexities than we had originally anticipated.

@"StevenNL2000"#2 has been cracking through moving threads as and when he's had time to do it and getting the new boards configured with working and proper permissions to ensure we can properly provide an archive of the Proboards forums which will endure into the future.

Some Stats

Threads Moved: 3,705
    Posts Moved: 47,952

This isn't a huge number, and we still have a long way to go, but I do look forward to when we will be able to re-open the proboards forums to the public and ensure that we have an accurate archive which can endure.

Thank you all for your continued patience when it comes to this, I know it's annoying and it's got a lot of memories for a lot of us (Myself included), I think what we're doing is the right thing to safeguard the legacy forums going forward.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• So to update everyone, thanks to the pattern Steven has defined, I've been able to continue to crack through, at the moment we've got the vast majority of the admin threads now "Re-homed" as they need to be.

For those curious, some stats.

Threads Now Moved - 32,375
    Posts now moved - 428,868

We do still have a fair way to go, but I'm hopeful we will be ready to re-open the forums in the coming weeks to the public with the admin only threads initially redacted while everything is reviewed to ensure it's appropriate to be made public and hasn't got any content which might not be appropriate to be published (IP's / Personal info / etc etc).

Wild1145

• Just to update, I've made a bit more progress tonight, we're not all that far away hopefully now.

We've still got a lot of the "Server & Forum" Category to do which is where we've still got quite a lot of content, but we're certainly now way past the half way point, and at the very least everything "Sensitive" should be protected we think.

Still outstanding:

• 18,980 Threads
    • 121,741 Posts
    • 23 Boards

Wild1145