I'm tired

• This post isn't meant to incite arguement nor is it intended to be a dig, or whatever to anybody. I don't want anybody to be offended what I'm about to say, and I'm going to keep names out of this as much as I can.

Recently on TF, I've noticed a new pattern. There are 3 steps: there is a problem (step 1), someone high-up (Ryan and the executives) make any attempt to solve it (for the better or for the worse, not my place to say) and someone doesn't like it (step 2). And, because it's TF, we obviously speak out against it (step 3). When it's phrased like that, it is not a bad thing. I am even guilty of doing it myself. I've also noticed that people, when challenged about their opinion, tend to fly off the handle and throw insults turning what could be a constructive debate into a mindless flame war.

As a community we need to unite. This does not mean we have to agree on absolutely everything; nobody wants an echochamber and that would be absolutely counterproductive to the working environment on here. However, as a collective we need to start learning how to give/receive criticism better. I'm tired of seeing the same arguement everyday, something to do with a decision the higher-ups have made that somebody doesn't like. Most of the time the arguing amounts to absolutely nothing and just clogs the forum, causing anxiety for multiple people (and before anybody throws "iTs JuSt A FoRuM" at me, read between the lines and look at how certain users react to seeing arguement)

Simply put, if we continue on the path we are on, where leadership cannot do anything correctly, and somebody will scream and throw abuse, then TF is gonna fizzle out. In the same strand, if we stop giving any input and let leadership run rampant, TF is gonna fizzle out. This means we have to learn to work together. If we take the Skyblock for example, instead of everyone (including myself before anyone accuses me of hypocrisy) mindlessly arguing, we should give actual criticism to the higher-ups so that they know where people are unhappy and where to improve. In the same strand, higher-up should (and as far as I can see have based on conversations since) learn how to properly communicate with us about where they stand. We should also avoid 100 reply threads in which people just repeat the same thing until it loses all it's meaning, especially when people begin to insult the other side.

Before anyone says "well this is TF drama happens" yes, drama happens. However, drama does not happen this intensely and this frequently. I can tell you, from my 3 years, I've never seen a time where there's been more arguing to this standard.

Now, that being said, you can disregard this thread and ignore it, but if you do then reap the consequences, I guess. I'm not going to be arguing to defend any points.

TL;DR: Get along with each other

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Completely agreed - it hasn't been this bad either. Well, not in the few months I've been here. The unity of the community was what brought me here and made me stay here. Nothing else.

But during the height of the skyblock drama when the entire community seemed to be ripping itself in two, I seriously considered walking away. I fucking hate the tense nature of the way everything feels now.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I genuinely thank you for taking the time to write this. This community is very quick to hate, and once you're on the receiving end it does get tiring quite quickly.

It's no surprise that Ryan decided to suspend all growth for this server, the community's relentless abuse towards him and myself certainly played a massive part in it.

We can, as a community, grow from this - but it will require effort on everyone's part. There are still users on this server who are filled with hate for both myself, and the skyblock server. Move on, so we can progress together.

RedEastWood It's no surprise that Ryan decided to suspend all growth for this server, the community's relentless abuse towards him and myself certainly played a massive part in it.

This is what I am referring to.

We need to learn our lesson. Windows conceded that one of the reasons he went MIA was because of the intense pressure he felt from TF and it's community. Seth also had a mental breakdown for this reason. We need to look at ourselves before this shit happens again.

• My final comment on this before I leave this thread alone is this

Work together. Be willing to try new things. If you do not like it, absolutely speak up but give these things a try before criticising too harshly. Most importantly, trust the man that you all voted in, and allow him to trust you guys. Unite and move forward, or argue and fall apart. Goodnight.

• To give the community some insight, I'll try to put my 2 cent on the matter.

I've intentionally avoided heavily moderating any of the threads critiquing the changes I and other folks have made because it's one of the things I seriously hated before I reinstated and eventually became owner.

I also believe I had originally made it pretty clear when I put my name forward as owner that I wanted to grow tf and add new game modes and grow tf generally speaking.

It does however become difficult to follow that through with the amount of constant push back we've had, and when a lot of it is misinformation its even more challenging.

At the moment I'm personally in the process of trying to buy my first house, so fighting these fights isn't something I've got the time for, and that's part of the reason for pulling the expansion projects as well as the resounding negative feedback to growth I've had.

I also need people to appreciate how much developer effort it takes to maintain the freedom game mode. Our Dev team are wonderful but there's only so much so few people can do... That's why we have been exploring existing serves and existing game modes which require near 0 developer effort.

Hope that's useful / interesting and at least explains where my position currently is.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• If you find yourself arguing in a huge megathread debate ask yourself:
    Is this argument harming discourse on this server?
    Am I talking for the benefit of myself over the server?
    Am I willing to insult someone to win this argument?
    If the answer to these is yes, then step back from the argument. Keeping a united community is more important than your opinion on a skyblock server. I may be guilty of doing the same thing I say not to, we are probably all guilty. But if we all make a conscious effort to keep discussions polite, the server will be better for it. I believe that we as a community can solve this issue, but only if we WORK TOGETHER.

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• honestly, this is probably the best post to explain how i have also been feeling about the server, it really is sad to see so much stuff get scrapped just because the community can't decide what it wants. I understand that everybody wants the best for the server, but we need to come together as a community and figure out what the community actually wants. I think the only time i can recall the community actually banding together on something (and i may be remembering this with rose tinted glasses) is when seth had deleted the server, and so many people came together in order to get everything back up and running, it didn't matter how long you had been in the community, or what you had done in the past, it was a time were everyone was trying to do what was best for everyone else.

10/10 best post luke, aka PHR, aka IrishButBritish, aka that one guy, has ever made