ReadTimeOutException: null

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Date and Time (please include the timezone): Not sure this is relevant but just now, 20:00ish UK time.
    Describe the bug or exploit: Players are met with a ReadTimeOutException: null message when attemping to join the server.
    Plugin(s) impacted: N/A
    Expected behaviour (if known): The player connects to the server.
    Step to reproduce: I'm unsure of exactly who is affected or how but I have seen multiple accounts on discord complaining about this issue over the past week. None of the IPs to connect to the server give any different results and switching accounts doesn't seem to rectify the issue. Changing IPs with a VPN also did nothing.
    Which server did you find the bug (Freedom-01 or Freedom-02)? Why is this question still here
    Can the bug or exploit be reproduced on another server within the network? It seems to be affecting the entire network. Direct links and hub links render the same result.

I know I have given very few details here but I have seen at least 3 or 4 cases just this week of players being unable to connect to the server under any circumstance despite the server being very much up and the person being able to connect to other servers. The players all seem to be relatively new or having never joined the network as well. Least I can do is bring this to light.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• happened to me millions of times, all i do is just reconnect to the internet and restart mc
    don't know what's the problem here though

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.

• Ok looks like not a DOS attack as yesterday I didn't see errors in telnet (plugins would have a hard time connecting to external services like Mojang).

While some people time out while seeing "joining world" I haven't seen that error yet.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Think the issue is related to the removal of Hub-02 which was still defined in the Bungee config. Hubs are the only things listed there so that hopefully should now look better. Let me know if it continues to be problematic.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK