Remove activity removals for MB

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Master Builders shouldn't be removed from MB for being inactive because MB is not a rank that requires being on the server, unlike admin ranks which do, because they have to be on to moderate the server. But what activities do MBs have to do that require them to be on the server? MBs don't like smite people, mute people... etc, so there's no real reason why activity should be a requirement to maintain MB.

• Ultimately it's down to the executive chief designer to maintain an active list of master builders. Given they are often tasked with building projects having an inactive team doesn't end up helping the server...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I feel like you don't truly understand the reasons for the (minor) backlash at Dragon's decision, and have sort of jumped the gun to make this suggestion.

characterslimits there's no real reason why activity should be a requirement to maintain MB.

There is already no activity requirement, Dragon said so on the thread. This suggestion is already implemented.

DragonSlayer2189 I don't think i will ever have actual activity requirements

characterslimits But what activities do MBs have to do that require them to be on the server?

Large scale projects (like the main hub, and the smp hub to name a couple), assistance in helping others with builds, development of the mb world.

I think your confused about what the purpose of mb is. As much as it's just a title that use to represent the best builders the server had to offer, it is also a role that requires you to actively be assisting in the development of creative aspects of tf. Like mentioned above, this includes game hubs and really anything else the server may require.

• It's not really possible to make a proper decision on this because we keep flip-flopping on what the Master Builder rank is supposed to be. If a Master Builder is someone who contributes to building projects within this community, then obviously they actually need to contribute. If the rank is just an acknowledgement of your building skills, then it doesn't make sense to take it away.

•   RedEastWood You left out an important piece in his message

DragonSlayer2189 I don't think i will ever have actual activity requirements, just as long as it isn't like sombody disappeared for 6 months,

So while he did say that there are no activity requirements, he then proceeded to conflict himself by saying just as long you didn't disappear for 6 months.

The point of this suggestion is to ensure MBs won't be removed for inactivity, even if they leave for 6+ months

• Out of the 5 removed players, I had not ever seen 4 of them log onto the server, and 1 of them I could count their joins on 1 hand. Nothing against any of these people as they all seemed to have moved on from the server.

Quite a few of them hadn't been seen in the best part of a year too - what argument are you trying to make for them remaining on the mblist? Keeping them there is pointless since it's just clogging up the list with completely inactive players and in theory by your logic of not removing for activity you could have people on the mblist who haven't logged in in years.

Dragon is just cleaning up the list with the removals, in all honesty. I can guarantee that at least one of the players removed this evening won't ever know they've been removed.

A post like this might make sense if the ECD removed MBs who hadn't played on the server for X hours in a given month or didn't spend more than X hours helping on a project but he's removed MBs who have moved on from the server for one reason or another.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• i dont get it why is removing them a bad thing when they can literally just rejoin and go 'yo can i get this back'

can't believe it's me of all people saying this but this shouldn't even be an issue it's that small

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   StevenNL2000 Yeah i think this is the main problem, at the moment, i see the rank as someone who contributes to building projects and all that, rather than just a recognition of skill, thats the same reason why there is a question on the MB application, which asks if they will participate in build projects. however, this really has never been properly set in stone at any point in time. I will think on this some more, but for now, i think that the rank does imply that you should be helping out with project, and thus, if the player leaves the server, they should not retain their rank