Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • If you guys don't like how this server is being run, or if you don't like the direction the server is heading in - you are more than welcome to leave.

This message says it all.

@'Ryan' This wasn't a "We'd like to do this, what do y'all think", this is a "We're going down this direction because we feel it's in the best interests of the TF Network, tada".

• I will also remind people that the rules enforced on the server may carry sanction on the wider network. Part of the change to Steven's job role was to manage bans across the network. Staff or players that go out of their way to "Break" the server may find themselves indef suspended and/or indef banned on the Freedom servers or wider TF Network...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

RedEastWood If you guys don't like how this server is being run, or if you don't like the direction the server is heading in - you are more than welcome to leave.

Not an exactly fantastic response to criticism considering you are meant to be bringing in players not telling them to leave for having an opinion on how the server should be run differing to your own

•   fionn Their opinion is of the skyblock server... which is what this entire thread is about. You make it sound way worse than it actually is.. chances are this exact same thing would happen regardless of any input red would give as most people on here are stubborn bastards. If they don't like the skyblock server, then they won't join.. pretty simple.

•   Shdwo but red is saying to leave tf entirely. note he says

RedEastWood you are more than welcome to leave

Not 'you are more than welcome not to join'

this is a common thing with yall (leadership team), especially ryan in which criticism nowadays is met with exactly this which is kinda counterintuitive and is the digital equivalent of sticking fingers in your ear and going 'lalala'

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

Luke this is a common thing with yall, especially ryan in which criticism nowadays is met with exactly this which is kinda counterintuitive and is the digital equivalent of sticking fingers in your ear and going 'lalala'

I will admit I use the line more often than I probably should. But equally there comes a point at least in my position where you know you can't please everyone, and people either need to get with the program or find somewhere else.

I don't think anyone is saying criticism is bad, I think my point has always been there is a line to be drawn and at least for me as the owner of the server and network, it's my line to draw because it's going to be my problem whatever happens.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   Luke It's a very valid statement to make though. You can't act like TotalFreedom was perfect before the idea of a "network" was introduced.. I guarantee you there has been people that have joined and left because they didn't like the way TF used to be ran. The exact same scenario applies here, you can't please everyone - and it's not the "digital equivalent" of going "lalala" in any way. Ryan is more than engaging with your suggestions and ideas, so to say that is frankly ridiculous.

Again, you can't please everyone.. and if you try to, you're a fucking idiot

Shdwo You can't act like TotalFreedom was perfect before the idea of a "network" was introduced.

i'm not acting this way in the slightest

Shdwo I guarantee you there has been people that have joined and left because they didn't like the way TF used to be ran.

And?

Shdwo The exact same scenario applies here, you can't please everyone - and it's not the "digital equivalent" of going "lalala" in any way.

...but it is. Hand waving criticism with 'lol this is how it is feck off if you dont like it' is doing exactly that. Whether it's intentional or not.

Shdwo Ryan is more than engaging with your suggestions and ideas, so to say that is frankly ridiculous.

Not really. He's not changed a single thing based on what I've said today (nor do I expect him to before you shit yourself) and in general once he says he's gonna do something he generally just does it regardless of said criticism. Is 'engaging' the same as 'acknowledging and refuting'?

Shdwo Again, you can't please everyone.. and if you try to, you're a fucking idiot

i'm not claiming you can. you can listen to others without going 'if you dont like it fuck off' though.

your mistake here is thinking he (or you guys) should never say this at all. This isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying it shouldn't be used as a way to hand wave criticism. Ryan has used it legit before, but in this case I sincerely don't think us complaining about this should be met with 'if you dont like it leave'

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

Luke ...but it is. Hand waving criticism with 'lol this is how it is feck off if you dont like it' is doing exactly that. Whether it's intentional or not.

That is how it shall be then. I'm sorry to break it to you, but this is happening. TotalFreedom will be expanding, and there really isn't anything you or the community can do to stop it. So as I say, you can either fight this inevitable change to no avail, or you can accept it and move on.

•   videogamesm12 By having that server cracked, regardless of what the rules say, there will always be people who will try and do shenannigans with offensive usernames. Again, thats the price paid for having the server cracked. And bypassing bans is pretty easy with crackeds as well.
      videogamesm12 As far as I know, TF doesn't accept donations, so how is this being allowed is beyond me. Unless the stance on 'donations' was changed, this clearly goes against the spirit of TotalFreedom and at one point the policies stated "TotalFreedom does not accept donations."

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png