Botperak Discord Bot

• I'd like to suggest adding my Discord bot, Botperak (great name, I know) to the TF Discord server. It's currently early in development and it's written in Java and based off my other project, Initium.

It's pretty empty right now but I'll be adding more stuff soon. I'd say visually it outperforms other bots. The embeds look really good.

The goal for it is to be a utility/information bot rather than general purpose, although general purpose features will be added. It offers a really slick avatar command with different file format options including png, jpg, webp, and gif (only if the avatar is animated). It also has a GitHub command for viewing repository statistics.

If this is accepted, you can contact me on Discord at Reperak#4918 and I can send an invite link to the bot.

Screenshots:

• As much as it pains me to say this - Kero covers most of this. Not really worth adding it for a github command when it's a lot more efficient to go onto github itself.. or maybe this will inspire elmon to create a github command.

(@"elmon"#17 your bot still smells)

•   Shdwo I totally agree but like I said, it's under development and I'm totally open to suggestions. Kero is pretty much abandoned at this point. The github is pretty dead. I expect to maintain it for a long time going forward.

• @'Reperak' Kero is nowhere near abandoned, I'm pretty sure a lot of it isn't updated on the github.. however he does do work on it when something needs a fix and/or when a beneficial suggestion has been made.

•   Shdwo Kero shouldn't be used as the entire reasoning. The server isn't going to die if there's duplicate bot features. People will use the bot they like the most.

• @'Reperak' Having one bot that does the same thing as the other bot is completely redundant (unless you're using music bots as they queue tasks) ... If we have one bot, we don't need the other.

In this case it can be used as the entire reasoning

•   Shdwo You can see in the screenshots that my bot does its job better. Many discord servers have redundant bots, and that's acceptable. If the server had 5 general purpose bots I wouldn't have even started this thread, but Kero is pretty much the only general purpose bot. I think it's fine if Kero and my bot coexist on the server.

• @'Reperak' Explain to me how your bot does it better. You say it has "better embeds" but by the looks of it it's just overflooded with useless info.

Kero is minimalistic and simple, nothing more is needed. It does it's job well enough

•   Shdwo It's a utility bot. It's meant to be informational. The avatar command provides direct links to multiple formats, it has timestamps and an author. Pretty much every large Discord bot has these things.

• Neutral. I can see the reasons above for why not to add this, but from owning a discord server myself I utilised both MEE6 and Dyno so that if one went down the server would still function.

That being said I don't think some Kero downtime would cause the discord to implode.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.