Crate Pro Audio PCM-8

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • At the place I'm working at, I have this old mixer that I wanna hook up to the ceiling speakers using a blue and Red fuse. It's an old model mixer - Crate Pro Audio PCM-8 with 8 input channels and no visual main, basically guesswork.

I found 8 inputs on the back for what I assume is output jacks that connect the speakers to the mixer but on the other mixers I have, they use two AMP fuses like wires (Red & Black) - Example:

Now, while looking around I found two blocked AMP 1 & 2 speaker covers that are hard to remove;

8-speaker output jacks.

Should I try to remove those AMP covers or use one of the 8 input fuses at the bottom? I'm gonna power about 7 speakers at once so powering all of them is important

Thank you.

• I've managed to find the manual for your model (thanks to the label in the photo)

The AMP covers are hard to remove because there's nothing behind. You need to connect your speaker cables to the 4 jacks in the middle bottom, using 1/4" mono plugs. If Master/Mon To Amp 2 switch is in Master position there will be no difference between the 2 amplifiers' outputs.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager