Unblock spawn eggs

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Instead of blocking the whole thing, just add restrictions/patches to them.

Many people in this thread have mentioned NBT exploits
    Solution: Just filter/remove the data!

Some people have mentioned exploits that can crash the server using dispensers
    Solution: Just block dispensers from using spawn eggs!

People spamming mobs using nuker or fastplace?
    Solution: Add a short cooldown

Things should be restricted, not blocked.

• vouch

i don’t know the specifics of why it’s disabled,
    /spawnmob can crash the server with entities easier and get mobs spawned quicker, so i genuinely don’t see any point this should be blocked

and i’m all for enabling vanilla features 😁

• They haven't been blocked just for the sake of blocking them, iirc they've been blocked because they can spawn mobs contain server crashing levels of NBT data. I may be wrong here, but that's why they're blocked.

It's a no for now.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

UnderTails /spawnmob can crash the server with entities easier

Ok so I might be talking out of my ass here but as far as I'm concerned the issue with spawn eggs is not the amount of mobs that can be spawned but rather the data in which they can contain. It's long patched but Wurst client has a server creeper which did just that - crashed the server with eggs.

It's also far easier to spam mobs with dispensers etc.

There are other better methods to crash with eggs now, at least I think there are.

I'm not against enabling vanilla features but the server crashes enough on its own without adding to that and /spawnmob works fine.

erin they've been blocked because they can spawn mobs contain server crashing levels of NBT data

Why not just filter out the NBT data instead of blocking the whole thing?

erin /spawnmob works fine.

It just feels more "natural" to pull out a spawn egg, the first thing you think about when you want to spawn a mob, you pull out a spawn egg. Then you realize that spawn eggs are blocked.

• Neutral.

Definitely want to see them return in some way, but nbt/"custom" entity eggs will have to be greatly reduced or removed entirely if it's not to be heavily abused... Which at the same time will be rather boring for people who actually enjoyed just making cool mobs from eggs.

• object. C'mon don't be stupid, allowing spawn eggs is just plain stupid. Spawn eggs are one of the most easily exploitable things in minecraft. You can make entities with long name and the obfuscated tag to lag nearby clients. You can permanently crash the server with fireballs with a power of 500. Allthough mojang has patched that out in 1.17, and i highly doubt fireballs would even be spawnable. You can make large area effect clouds to crash people's clients instantly Allthough just like the fireball mojang patched that out in 1.17 too by limiting the values of the fireballs and aoe clouds. You can make entity chunk bans which would be harder to trace and punish the people who do it. And theres still tons more you can exploit with spawn eggs. Not like i'm ever going to be allowed on TF Again to see spawn eggs if they ever were unblocked.

•   characterslimits very mature.

characterslimits so... Let me get this straight. You're expecting our development team to enable spawn eggs and then spend a substantial amount of time trying to patch out as many exploits as they can think of.

And then when.. and I mean when, not if, a bypass is found and abused that crashes the server or players every time it's used, these developers have to spend a further and substantial amount of time working out how it was bypassed and then patching over that bypass which will last until the next bypass.

Rinse and repeat.

And all of this work needs to be done while the devs already have a significant backlog of suggestions and fixes to implement which will actually improve the server.

• and since all players technically have operator status. Spawn eggs that summon falling blocks can be summoned, and if your smart enough you can make a falling mob spawner that summons more falling mob spawners that summon more falling mob spawners and that will tank the FPS of all players nearby but it will also lag the server if it spreads too much.