Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Yeh I have, one of the ways I got it to work is by finding something that you can point out in your dream that'll make you aware of your state, a book, a phone - literally anything. There's a lot more to it though so i'd recommend just looking at articles or watching videos on it.

It's actually really cool when you get it to work, I just spent the entire time flying around an island and messing with shit.

• Yeah I tend to be able to if I've been thinking about it recently.

One easy trick (Which I've done when not sleeping because I thought I was dreaming) is to look at text on signs / bins / things around you.

Your brain when asleep doesn't care about consistency, so the text on signs / similar will change every time you look at it, so if you look at a bin that should say "TRASH" it might say "Green" the first time you look at it and "Keyboard" the second time, every time you look the word will change, and that's a pretty good way to realise you're dreaming.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I tried to LD for a couple weeks. Depending on your focus and dedication it can happen pretty quickly depending on how your brain has processed the concept of Lding.

One thing I would like to mention is if you are focusing on the idea of LDing at all points in the day, you will actually have a very good chance of having a false sense of lucidity. (aka your brain dreaming about a lucid dream). You won't actually be lucid in the dream but you will remember this dream much more thoroughly. You may even dream about controlling the dream, while not actually controlling the dream.

An example of my latest case of false lucidity was a dream of me playing bball at my local school. It was really late at night, yet it was still bright out. I wasn't lucid but I did actually question reality in my unconscious mind. I did the normal looking at my fingers and questioning where I was and what I was doing. This is actually a very positive thing to see if you are unable to LD after a couple months of attempts. It shows that your unconscious mind both knows how to identify a dream and what to do if it does. During an episode of fake lucidity you will usually be able to remember a different type of aspect of your dream. For example, if you usually only remember the sight of a person in your dream, or hear what they said in a dream, in fake lucidity, you may be able to remember what they smelled like. For me, I was able to distinctly remember the rubbery texture of the basketball. Really cool stuff!

• The best way to lucid dream is to:
    eat an ENTIRE (very important that it's the whole thing) blueberry weed muffin, wait 15.43 minutes, drink 3.8l of water, swish in mouth for 7 seconds, then jump on your bed like a horny hyena and cross your eyes while reciting the words "totalfreedom sex" as you drift into sleep. You will then wake up, it will feel like a real life simulation of your daily life (most likely wherever you went to sleep), you will feel slightly off and that just means it's not real so you can do WHATEVER you want.

• ive never been able to do so -- i do however (and unfortunately very frequently) get stuck in a dreamception/sleep paralysis-like state where i "wake up", but am completely immobile while in my room, if i try to view anything like a clock or something there is no time, only a blurred space (everything else around it is normal) -- after a bit i "wake up" a again, but the room is slightly distorted -- this repeats multiple times until the room is basically your sleep paralysis demon on steroids and is absolutely t e r r i f y i n g -- then i wake up for real somehow.

not fun. 0/10.

1gaah.png

UnderTails wait so your room becomes more and more distorted and scary each time

pretty much -- another thing i forgot to mention was that sound does the exact same thing -- difference being that it starts out nearly silent and gradually gains a louder and louder static-like sound.

1gaah.png

• I have never been able to control my dreams, but I used to be able to wake up from them at any moment. I would use it when it seemed like I was about to have a nightmare: the only thing I had to do was declare that it was a dream, and then focus to get out of it. The "screen" would turn black, and a short time later I could open my eyes.

• years and years ago i had a dream that was super memorable and i still remember it but it was special because it was the only dream i had trouble waking up from (like i was trapped in the dream when someone was trying to wake me up), and now after that i dont dream so yea thats weird, it might just be not enough sleep, maybe ill try the undertails method and drink coffee right before sleeping

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png