IPMI interface in Minecraft

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I thought of something that I am not sure has ever been done in Minecraft or not... IPMI management in Minecraft. Basically, using a mod like OpenComputers to interface with the BMC on a motherboard with such equipped. Having your Minecraft world react to your CPU temperature might be kinda interesting.

You could also then shutdown the system from Minecraft too.

• The idea of Minecraft reacting to it for some reminds me of that one level in Doom (2016) where you shut down a cooling system and over time the place just becomes more and more chaotic.

!https://i.imgur.com/DAnQUae.jpg

It would be interesting to see how the game would react to your CPU or GPU being at a scorchingly hot temperature.

image.png

• Doesn't accessing IPMI from the local machine defeat the point of IPMI? You can perform the same actions by simply executing a few shell commands, which would be a rather trivial Minecraft mod. IPMI is interesting because it works remotely and does not rely on the local machine being online.