Remove Pterodactyl Integration

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • This is a part of the TotalFreedomMod that integrated Pterodacyl with the server and allowed admins to create panel accounts. We do not use a panel (let alone Pterodactyl) so it has gone unused since the October 2020 server deletion.

As getting a panel is an extremely low priority right now and considering the amount of bloat in the TotalFreedomMod as-is, I figure we might as well cut the fat by removing the integration now and re-adding it later when we need it.

What do you think?

image.png

• I've generally taken the approach that features such as this unless start to break the server in some way, just end up as "Semi-Supported" in that we will not break them intentionally, but probably won't test / fix issues with them. I don't really see a reason to remove it for the sake of it...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Slight but relevant bump. I just tested the Pterodactyl integration and as it stands in the AMG repo, it is broken. I rewrote it entirely primarily because I am using it. Either it should be rewritten or removed. It seems useless to keep it in if it's actively broken

•   Telesphoreo In that case can you raise a bug on the forums please? If you have already re written it you're welcome to pr it back as well.

Wild1145

• @'Ryan' Do I really need to file a bug report?... Seth wrote it when Pterodactyl was in beta and we had no choice except to write it in the beta API. I rewrote it using Pterodactyl4J rather than raw JSON because it now uses weird headers and the documentation for 0.7 was much better. The bug was that it was using the old API and it flat out doesn't work on new versions of Pterodactyl

Edit: made a PR on JDA and TFM with their respective fixes / additions

• As I said, we won't remove the functionality for now, simply not something we will actively test / support ourselves.

Wild1145