Police overstepping on a local beach - Rant & Opinions Needed

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • So I was at the beach today, and at the last hour I was there at least twelve people got arrested by police rushing in on their four wheelers. One of them I know was arrested for "underage drinking" despite me knowing he was over 21. He was also raised for "non compliance" despite me witnessing him being in handcuffs and appearing calm. At least a few of the three were arrested for "running from the police" despite none of them being first approached by the police (the scary part is that it could have been me since I also left when the cops raided the public beach). I'm not sure what the reasoning was behind the other arrests, but I do know that the person who I know personally tried proving his age (showing his ID) at the police station but they're still keeping him. With the police overstepping their positions (which is really an understatement) recently, I felt the need to rant about this. I am a witness to the tazing and will come forward if needed.

What's everyones thoughts on this?

@Miwojedk#19899 Lawyer up and dont ask a forum of 12 year olds.

Lawyers against the MPD? Nice one. For the opinions, any opinion is fine though this thread was intended more for the older people here (I should have said that lol).

• @Madea#19909 If, as you describe, the police are "overstepping their positions", then of course you should get a lawyer in that instance. You obviously feel as though they were abusing their authority / charging your friends for crimes they didn't commit. I don't know the law in the US, but I would imagine that underage drinking is a misdemeanor along with "non compliance", thus the worst that (probably) could happen is a fine, but with nothing going on your criminal records. If you're able to prove that they're detaining your friend without reason, or that they literally tazed somebody for no apparent reason (as you describe), then some sort of compensation is certainly within it's place. But again, I AM NOT A LEGAL ADVISOR. Get a lawyer.

Trying to consult an MC forum for legal advice is not appropriate, unless you only want to hear people bitch and moan about police brutality and the likes.