Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Currently, /seen bypasses vanish and you can see if admins are online regardless of their vanish status. /seen should probably be fixed to not do that since it defeats the purpose of vanish

• @Miasmus#19864 It shouldn't tell you what server the admin may or may not be on. And it's not hard to work out that there are more players on the network than what list shows anyway.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @Miasmus#19871 suspect it's a legacy thing. Really does need its own thread.

Wild1145

• @Windows#19870 That is not true. You can just use /seen every time an admin leaves to check if they went into vanish. The probability that there are admins online who were already vanished when you joined becomes smaller the longer you stay online.

• Messaging the online admin also bypasses /vanish as well. A certain op got rather annoying with this by messaging me every time I went into vanish to do my stuff yesterday.

That being said I don't entirely think this is a huge priority. The only real time vanish leaving is effective from what I've seen anyway is when you're the only staff member online, which happens sparingly, and most people are unaware of how to bypass.

A possible yet complicated workaround is to vanish, then leave silently for a few moments to wait on the /seen in telnet before returning silently to do whatever you need to do, if the OP you're trying to spectate is aware of the "exploit"

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• @StevenNL2000#19930 That's a good point, I did not think about that.

I personally never used vanish anyways. Usually just gmsp was enough to catch trolls and griefers as most of them do not seem to put much effort into not getting caught.

• So I'm not going to block or otherwise change this, I appreciate it can sort of be used to bypass vanish, but all it does is tell you if they're somewhere on the network, which isn't a huge secret anyway.

For example:

I was in Hub-02, the user I ran /seen on was on Freedom-01, I have no way to know for sure if they are on my server or another server, just that they are somewhere on the network as a whole.

Wild1145