PC rebuild in a few days

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I ordered these parts to upgrade my PC with. I already have GPU, drives and RAM. Some interesting parts of this:

• The socket is LGA, and as such the pins are the motherboard. Usually Intel CPUs do this, but in this case an AMD CPU is. There are 4,094 pins. I'm guessing it has that many in part because of 128 PCIe lanes.
    • The motherboard is a workstation board with server features like a BMC with IPMI and support for up to 2 TB of RAM.
    • The motherboard includes a RAID PCIe card. Getting a PCIe card of any kind with a motherboard is not something I've ever seen.

ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE motherboard
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3955WX (16 cores, 32 threads)
    MSI MPG CORELIQUID K360 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
    Enermax MaxTytan 80+ Titanium Full Modular 1250W Power Supply
    Phanteks Enthoo 719 full tower

• @lyicx#19724
    32 GB (8 GB x 4) for now, upgrading to 64 GB (8 GB x 8) to make full use of the 8 memory channels.
    Radeon RX 5700 XT video card. I refuse to pay scalpers a single cent to upgrade. I am trying to wait this out.

@Windows#19725 Radeon RX 5700 XT video card. I refuse to pay scalpers a single cent to upgrade. I am trying to wait this out.

sheeesh, with a card like that you should be fine anyway

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

burger What are you going to be doing with it that justifies that kind of hardware? Basically a server lmao

Compiling code, and VMs. The server grade hardware is not really needed but I've always wanted to get my hands on some to get experience with it.

• Update: The parts came today and the Enthoo 719 is truly a great case that is a perfect match for this workstation motherboard. I managed to get it perfectly aligned and properly screwed in. To do it I needed to move a standoff because the board standoff layout is like a mix of ATX and server. The case supports both so it was a very easy fix.

Also, installing an SP3 socket CPU for the first time was an interesting experience. Its a bit different than other sockets I have used.