Reinstatement - Panther

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • If you were a former Total Freedom staff member (of any rank) and you wish to be reinstated, please apply using this template and place your application in the admin application section with the subject Application for Reinstatement and your Minecraft name.
    Your Minecraft name: PinkPanther1046

Are you using the same forum & Minecraft account that you used when you were a staff member in the past? (Yes or No)
    No, two new accounts.

What rank were you (Administrator, Senior Admin) and the approx dates you were a staff member: (e.g. super admin from Jun 2010 - Jan 2013)
    Super/Telnet Admin - now Administrator, from Mar. 4, 2018 - approx. June 10 2019 (could not find the inactivity notice I made, search function does not work on the old forum)

Why were you removed from your staff position? (Answer one below and exclude the rest)
    a. For long term inactivity? (Yes or No) If Yes, did you post an inactivity notice or did you leave without notice - please explain if no notice was left.

I made an indefinite inactivity notice in the summer of 2019. I could not find it. I had gone inactive for a brief period earlier in 2018 and then reinstated until then.

If you are reinstated, how often will you be able to do staff duties?
    Probably somewhere around 5 days per week.

Have you reviewed the server rules and banning protocols to ensure you're up to speed on any changes that might have occurred since your return from inactivity?
    Yes.

Do you have a family member that's been on the perm ban list within the past 60 days?
    No.

Now hold on here... A lot of people are probably thinking "Wait, you can't just reinstate, weren't you permbanned and everything?" It's true. I was indefinitely banned in July of 2019. The reason being that I decided to take matters into my own hands, and froze someone who had decided to throw kill potions at everybody with a portal.

The request was made by Saturn, left open for sixteen minutes, and then approved by Robin.

I was never indefinitely suspended or permbanned during my time as admin, as I had already gone indefinitely inactive before then. According to policy, since I was never indefinitely suspended, I don't have to perform an indefinite suspension return. Technically, according to policy, I am able to reinstate without a vote, and be automatically approved. But for obvious reasons, that shouldn't be the case. There is one particular action which I performed while permbanned that I especially regret, and that was when Kae came on UMC and decided to crash it, I decided to return the favor to TotalFreedom. That was a bad idea and I should have handled it more maturely, and I acted mainly based on prior frustrations with Kae.

I believe I will be able to help this server greatly if I reinstate. I have certain skills that many on TotalFreedom don't, like the ability to find and resolve crash chunks without wiping the world, and being able to thoroughly deal with repeat bypassers in such a manner that they don't even want to rejoin the server again. I also am pretty good at finding and reporting bugs and exploits before people with malicious intent do. I could also more easily teach administrators how to perform these tasks on their own if I were able to reinstate.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. Looking forward to responses. :)

• You've been an active player on the server and always participate with others. From what I've seen, you get along well with everyone, and have definitely taken a turn for the better over the past five years that I've known you. As a staffmember, your knowledge of game mechanics would likely prove valuable once more, and for the above reasoning, I vouch.

• Its funny, for some reason, after reading this post, i was reminded about one guy named "Dr.pepee" who iirc applied for admin, and was almost unanimously voted in, however due to the rank system changing the application never when through.

Anyways, I am going to vouch

• You should probably stop using obscure commands and game mechanics to crash the server and claim that you're helping out by exposing exploits. This is not the way you should go about "helping." It creates downtime and overall hurts the server. If you wanted to do this on a separate server that didnt hurt the uptime of the main server then sure lol.

With minecraft being updated as frequent as it is, and the nature of the way we handle "free-op" there's going to be bugs. You are not assigned to "expose" these bugs and you're definitely not allowed to, whether unintentional or not, crash the server or take away from another members experience which you still do. It's likely that you will be reinstated, and if you are, these actions should completely stop.