Admin Application - UnderTails

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • object, i'm sorry but i laughed at the swastika parkour. even if that was a complete accident that is still fucking hilarious

and ryan, it's funny that you make the points above. they remind me of someone. his name is markbyron. he said the exact same thing when marco applied for promotions and look what happened to both of them. this behavior seems pretty recent to me.

@UnderTails#19274 I have been playing for 8 years and never become an admin, and I want to help out in the morning hours and I have been in a constant fight against griefers

I assume you mean morning hours as in around 6AM to 12PM EDT (UTC-5:00). During this time there would be admins from Europe usually on, as it would be around midday to late afternoon for them.

@Ivan#19277 and ryan, it's funny that you make the points above. they remind me of someone. his name is markbyron. he said the exact same thing when marco applied for promotions and look what happened to both of them. this behavior seems pretty recent to me.

Damn you got me, my name is actually Mark not Ryan. Just kidding.

My point was more to encourage folks to form their own decisions, and base off of recent history... Or at the very least take it into account. I've been on here since 2012, and based on this application and some similar ones, with mistakes I've made I'd never be approved for admin. But people do change, and while it's not always for the best, or doesn't always work out, it's important that we actually form our own opinions based on sensible evidence, rather than jumping on the bandwagon and not knowing what the fuck we're voting for.

I'm not suggesting people should change their votes, just that they should actually think properly, and judge the applicant based on stuff that's happened more recently, and at the very least I'd like people to be judged on their actions since I took over at the end of last year and not before that...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Neutral & rec confirmed (...I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time, besides maybe just seniority and not having a reason to object, but you weren't lying that I did).

All of the things that people are objecting for were last year, and six months is a lot15-year-old me was horribly ashamed of everything I did when I was 14, which is about the age range that "student" would suggest. I can't believe 2019 was that long ago.

However, I can't seem to come up with a reason for a vouch proper (perhaps it's just that I wasn't on at the right time for the positive things @redeastwood#19271 mentions).

Just don't be on for five hours every day—even if it doesn't lead you to get disinterested/bored within a week, there's no way that's not going to affect your grades, and the six-hour activity requirement is monthly (15 minutes times 30 is more than enough).

• @volleo6144#19282 i definitely won’t be on 5 hours this fall lol, but I have been able to get incredibly high activity because I’ve been in online school, and it’s alot less taxing on me, and practically no homework. but this summer i will be very active lol

• Vouch and Rec confirmed, I believe this user is active and can handle the situations that a normal admin handles regularly with a bit of training.

• Following my previous post, one more example I'd like to put forward is your ability to form disastrous decisions, incredibly quickly. Here is an example:
    For the context behind this, Tails had told me earlier on in the conversation that he had copied the whole of Imperium base's region, and it caused the server to crash.

In the image above, it shows Tails saying that he would crash the server if a griefer came and griefed the Imperium base. Crashing the server to prevent something that can be undone with one command is not the right way forward. I feel it is important to put this piece of evidence here.

• @Ashaz#19286 Did not expect this gem of a conversation to come up.

I think it’s a bit rude that you took my quote out of context here this severely

What I was not saying was I wanted to crash the server, what I was saying was the imperium base being copied fully crashed the server one time.

Im not really sure if it was related at all to that crash or not, but I was talking about if I tried to copy stuff while a griefer was griefing it could crash the server.

here is a screenshot of me explaining how the copy command crashed the server ((i think)

here is me saying i wouldn’t try to copy the entire imperium base again ()1.25 billion blocks)

()also note to this day i’m not sure whether the copy command did it or if it was a coincidence)

• As much as I respect everyone's reasoning and their votes, I highly suggest stopping turning this application into an endless warzone, state your reasoning and if you have any question feel free to ask the applicant but please if you're gonna send a wall of useless text that isn't worth reading then your best course of action is to take it privately with the applicant.

Keep it clean.

• Wow Jeeze this post is quite a lot.

Heavy vouch and also confirming my recommendation. Under tails is one of the most promising MB’s IMO due to their constant activity and clear dedication to the server. Undertails has also done lots of things with community engagement, specifically with guilds, and stuff like bringing together the members of the TF Guilds Union, which, to be frank, is something that I would have never thought our community would or could do. Overall, undertails shows a level of competence in all manners of the server, and as such, I believe they will be a great admin, and I hope others will come believe the same thing.