recommendation for your consideration (paRt tWO!1!!11)

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • hi! im helium95.
    I posted another forum thread not to long ago, and for a few unrelated reasons i withdrew. I'd like you to consider recommending me, and heres why; I have pretty good people skills, relating to conflict resolution and emotional regulation, which would prove helpful as the server gets really crazy really fucking quick. Im pretty damn attentive and can act fast should any issue occur. I also consider myself pretty creative and I feel like I can bring a lot of sweet new ideas to the table. Lastly, I really love making friends and the staff seem really swag and I'd love to be apart of that community. Im gonna be honest. I can't say I'm the best candidate for admin, as that's fucking ridiculous to say, but let me tell you this, I wont let you down. And you can hold me accountable for that. Thanks folks <3 Cheers!
    ──────▄▀─
    ─█▀▀▀█▀█─
    ──▀▄░▄▀──
    ────█────
    ──▄▄█▄▄──

• @heliumpluto#18852 Best isn’t a number my homie and no one is the best admin here. Every admin tries their best to be the best (well most of them) and everyone fails; that shouldn’t be your mindset.

When you say you have emotional regulation that is complete 100% factual bullshit - I can prove it. On your last recommendation request I called you out for being powerhungry in the server chat channel. And your response was "helium95 » ivan fuck off man", which basically implies you cannot take criticism.

And this is what I'm talking about:
    "helium95 » shdwo what can i do to prove to you that id make a good admin"
    "helium95 » just give me a chance"
    "helium95 » shdwo let me prove to you i can go beyond above and beyond as a potential admin"
    "helium95 » shdwo put me in the game coach"

This thread was pretty entertaining to me, though. My "recommendation" to you is to take more time before becoming admin. I mean I was literally just like you back then and I had patience, built on myself, and I became an admin after 3 years. But I'm confident you can do it in a lot less if you focus on improving yourself.

Best of luck to you. ;)

• Although yes, I am not the most active admin on the server or the forums by any means I happened to stumble upon this thread and figured I'd leave my two sense as an experienced admin.

I agree with Ivan, when I became an admin I was not exactly the greatest, and I can understand that. It is a different time now and being a TotalFreedom admin requires a little more responsibility and competence. I mean this with zero disrespect, but try engaging with other players on the forums and being a good OP on the server. I usually can tell whether or not I want to recommend an OP because they do not ask for the recommendation in the first place. Posts like these are fine, but on the server is different. Reaching out to an admin that happens to be in your timezone and can really vouch for you is your best bet. Don't be pesky, just reach out and tell them you are looking for recommendations and that you thought they'd be a good person to ask. If they believe you deserve it, they will give it to you so do not be discouraged if the first person you message doesn't recommend you. Being pesky and trying to "fit the role" is not the route to go. Be yourself, make reports, and let the admins recognize potential. I definitely suggest more posts on the forums though. It's hard to recommend someone to be an admin when they have little to no presence on the forum.

Anyway, good luck man. Hope to see you on the team one day.

• @Ivan#18858 i hear you man but the point i was trying to make was that im not the best candidate, but i would try my best. i understand you were frustrated with me when i said such things, however i meant them in a sarcastic way. Im sorry if you took offense to that or if you felt was I was saying was quite literal. i personally believe you can have emotional regulation skills and say what i said. i never said im a therapist, i just said generally im good at reading the room. again my deepest condolences that you found what i said upsetting, as i assumed you'd be able to comprehend my basic sarcastic and non serious ways of talking, so i will be sure to personally clarify that to you next time i say something similar so you get the context. You do make a good point, as im sure i should probably wait looking at it again, so i think i should wait before asking for recs. Thank you for the insight man god bless 😉

• @heliumpluto#18862 As the great Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson said: "No. N-N-N-N-N-N-No."

I don’t get frustrated over people on this server - I've pissed off enough people and I don’t have the right to be mad at most people on this server.

So what you're telling me is that all of the times you asked Shdwo for a chance that was all sarcastic? And when I called you out for being powerhungry and you said "fuck off man" that was sarcastic?

I never called you a therapist homie. And I think all of those times were not sarcastic at all. Dude. I literally used to go around begging people for recs. I was literally in your shoes. And you know what I said when I got called out? "Oh! I was just joking." The first step in working on yourself is taking responsibility; not making up excuses. That was how I kept getting denied so many times

I accept your apology, man - just keep working on yourself and keep working hard and you'll be admin before you know it. Again, best of luck.