FSR ~ Miasmus

• Vouch (kind of), while the post in question did break some rules it's on a grey line since it's hard to tell if it was personal attacks, or a serious concern, and for that reason Rule 1 on this post is up for interpretation. For rule 6 Miasmus has said: "I also don't think it was spam (?) because I wasn't doing this with the intent to troll." And on the "Regarding Lyicx" post: "I would consider this partially serious. There is a other reason which I'm too lazy to put into words rn. (I sometimes have a hard time explaining things). Also, not warranting a suspension? Read the paragraph I wrote. -.- [penis raid]" "Yes, I am eventually seeing how dumb this is, but I still stand by it. (Note I said this was only partially serious so I won't die on this hill.)" and near the end of the thread: "I really want to argue more to prove my points but I know its both pointless and not really possible so yea to be fair this was started as a meme by fnd so thats probably why it was so fucking stupid at least we have some more drama now" so it could very well be a misplaced forum tag but thats only a warning in my eyes. And finally for rule 9 I pretty much have the same evidence I do for rule 6. It could go either way as it started as something that appeared serious and ended as them changing their mind and thinking of it as drama. This is especially shown when they said "at least we have some more drama now".

Was it shitty? Yes. Did a joke get out of hand? Most definitely. I dont think that Miasmus should get any severe punishments, at most a week ban if Rule 1 is interpreted in favor of it being a personal attack. If it's not then it should be a warning.

How I think it should have been handled and why:

I think something everyone can do as a community is before you make a forum post or report on someone for harassment or similar you should talk with the person directly and ask them to stop. If they persist then not only will you get my 100% vouch, but you'll also have a much higher chance of getting approved as it shows that it was truly harassment. Along with that do not get offended on other people's behalf unless they ask you too EXPLICITLY. If everyone got offended about players that didn't/don't care about these obvious jokes (forcekills, cages, etc. etc.) then the entire staff team would have posts made on them, this also hurts the community we have as it could scare the staff into being less personable and friendly, that is the last thing I want for TF I love how friendly the staff team is if that went away I would (seriously) drop the server and never return and I'm sure other players feel the same way.

GOD DAMN TL;DR They only deserve a warning unless it's decided they truly broke rule 1, then I believe a week (5 days) ban from the forum would be reasonable.

PS: If you think any of the quotes were taken out of context (did my best to make sure they weren't) than I encourage you to read the thread yourself.

• @Tizz#18123 Obviously that thread got out of hand. I'd say that it turned from a shitpost (fndndjdnsnsn) to a "why not lets try it" and then into a poorly executed joke. I think my intentions were not clear (honestly I still don't know) which is why I kind of responded with "partially serious". At this point I myself see it as more of a troll thread and would agree that is a misplaced thread.

• Approved as a warning. Normally I would send the warning over PM, but since we do not have PMs on this forum, I will do it here.

Miasmus, although you recognize that the thread got out of hand, it is much more important to recognize that drama could have been prevented by making use of the appropriate channels. For reporting admins, this is privately messaging an Admin Officer and providing evidence. It is also important to separate serious and non-serious threads, since your actions here caused confusion. If a similar situation occurs again, the forum sanctions may be more severe.