Enabling and improving death messages

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Currently, death messages are turned off due to past exploits which used to make player crash.
    It worked by sending a message that was way too long for minecraft to interpret without crashing if I'm correct.

Here is my suggestion:
    We cannot re-enable vanilla death messages, obviously, but we could re-enable them by simply making a custom death message, it could look exactly like the vanilla one but stripped from anything dangerous (Anything over x characters get stripped away, any dangerous click actions removed, etc).
    Covered by https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/1512-death-messages

Now, some players may also be against it because "People could just spam death messages".
    I believe this would fall under the do not spam rule, but, we could also make this a non-issue by simply making them togglable per client, kind of like you can disable the discord bridge in-game.

Adding vanilla features back is currently a huge issue amongst the community, so expect more suggestions like this as to how to "fix" or add back removed vanilla features.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• It looks like this has been superseded, can you highlight for me what addition to the other thread you're looking for?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK