Stop disabling vanilla features ever again

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I’m tired of having simple issues on here and the solution being to disable an entire vanilla feature.

It happened with spawn eggs, books, block gravity, Literally dropping items.

We have gone too long in my opinion with so many things disabled, and we have to face the fact that it makes our server a below average experience, and is a main factor in turning away new players.

If i was a new player and i heard that dropping items was disabled, i would be like "wtf is this autocracy i’m outta here" and i would leave and never come back.

We need to work to enable all the things we have disabled, and not treat banning simple minecraft actions as a permenant solution to isolated problems.

What we should do is treat the issues like why we can’t enable dropping items, spawn eggs, and other things as bugs we need to fix, instead of actions we need to block. And if it is absolutely necessary to block these things it should be a temporary thing, and the devs should be working to reenable them with real fixes.

We should in my opinion not ever again disable vanilla features to fix problems, and work to reenable the ones we currently have blocked.

• Vouch.

You can't drop items yet you can set up droppers to drop items at a much faster rate. It does literally nothing to stop the people who want to cause lag and inconveniences those who just want to throw stuff to other players instead of having to put them in a container.

And you can't use spawn eggs yet you can use /spawnmob to spawn up to 10 mobs at once.

Staff can very easily clear entities and usually do so at the first sign of lag. Dropped items also despawn really quickly when sent out of droppers.

However I think dropped items need to be logged, and maybe there could be a way to disable picking up other players items to avoid trolls filling people's inventories.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Most things can be unblocked as VP is now updated, I’ll take a look and evaluate what is needed to be done for each vanilla features. We have disabled gravity for falling blocks so people can choose any blocks and not the shit out of the server. We are planning to migrate majority of vanilla commands to TFM so we can control it a little bit better.