Voter Rank Suggestion

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I Object. We don't need any extra ranks in game. A nice little role in discord would be more viable imho.
    If this gets through, though, it should be a title like how Master Builders used to be. Just a little bling without segregating people who vote into an unnecessary caste.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• @videogamesm12#17096 To clarify, in TFM terms a title is also a "Rank". The difference is generally something we use here based on if they have more perms than the "Primary" Rank the player is. Like MB's are a title as they sit outside of the standard rank order for OP's an admins.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• This rank is worse than the existence of Telnet Clan and the Clanforge panel itself…

And for those reasons, I am out

• @redeastwood#17160 Actual rewards, no rank. don’t know what else to tell you. I couldn’t think of rewards for the life of me

• -> Lemme vote for the server because I want everybody to know I voted like a good boy.

Suggestion is utterly pointless. If you want to showcase that you voted, give yourself a tag.

The "seven day"-threshold is also pretty silly. You either voted, or you didn't. If anything, you should only get to keep the rank for the day you voted?

Seek to give players coins or other rewards for voting. A useless new title is just that.

• @Miwojedk#17208 I think you're missing the point. The voter rank doesn't exist so you can show it off, it exists as a system to give you the voter rewards associated with voting for a temporary period of time until it expires. Right now, we have a coin system, where you can purchase items from a shop as a sort of reward for voting a certain amount of times. With a voter rank, you can just immediately grant the user all of these perks, but require them to vote again to retain them.

• @Miwojedk#17210 If your point is that a voter rank would be useless, how is that the case if its use is as a temporary package of rewards? At least from what I've seen, this will help us retain voters since people who have all the perks permanently usually just stop voting.

• @Panther#17213 TF is inherently a platform wherein everyone is considered equal. wild1145 has already made clear that he wishes to make alterations to the MB rank, because he does not wish to sustain/create a rank hierarchy. I am very much in favour of giving the average player incentives to vote, but the addition of a "voter"-rank goes against this path entirely. As I mentioned before: fuck the title. Give people who vote small cosmetic perks, and instead tell people via announcements ingame of these perks. This way, you'd be avoiding the segregation of players.
    A 7-day requirement also seems absurdly arbitrary. Why not just have people vote for a day, and then they recieve the awards? If you're going to mention that the 7-day threshold means that you'll get people to vote more, then why not make the threshold 30 days?

This is also not to mention that a "voter"-rank is pretty fucking stupid to flaunt.

@Miwojedk#17289 As I mentioned before: fuck the title. Give people who vote small cosmetic perks, and instead tell people via announcements ingame of these perks.

Do you think I haven’t asked and inquired about this? That was my original ask of Ryan, but development issues would see it taking months. On top of that, the economy is already inflated and coins have absolutely no value. People are sitting on tens of thousands of coins.

@Miwojedk#17297 Why is the economy inflated? And even then, that's an issue with the economy, not the rank hierarchy.

Events hand out far too many coins for winners/participants. I am yet to hear a viable reason as why we should most definitely NOT implement this suggestion, rather than reasons why implementing it wouldn’t be as effective as other means - effective nonetheless. The alternative you have suggested is already being worked on, and once a suitable coin shop item has been decided on, a further post/suggestion will follow.

I have substantial plans for more coin shop items, and there is a new shop item coming in the next TFM update. What you’re proposing is already in works, this suggestion is an addition.

@Miwojedk#17289 A 7-day requirement also seems absurdly arbitrary.

Which is why I posted this here for discussion, I am more than open to change and compromise. @Panther's suggestion to adding 6 hours of voter rank each vote is much more plausible in this scenario.

• @redeastwood#17298

I am yet to hear a viable reason as why we should most definitely NOT implement this suggestion, rather than reasons why implementing it wouldn’t be as effective as other means - effective nonetheless.

I gave you one in my last comment. If you don't think it's viable, then that's up to you. But it 'effectively' goes against core principles of TF. So not really that effective.

The alternative you have suggested is already being worked on, and once a suitable coin shop item has been decided on, a further post/suggestion will follow.

Then why make this suggestion if the solution is already in the works? If the problem is that people aren't voting for the server enough, then the solution is to give people an incentive to vote. A rank in itself is not an incentive, because who the fuk wants "Voter" next to their name? Perks are what people are after, and that's why I see the addition of a title as a trivial matter that goes against core principles of the (revamped) server.

@Miwojedk#17302 I gave you one in my last comment. If you don't think it's viable, then that's up to you.

I’ll tell you what, I’ll draw up another suggestion and plan for your alternatives, starting with significantly more things to spend coins on - it’s only fair to have your voice heard and acted on.

@Miwojedk#17302 Then why make this suggestion if the solution is already in the works?

Two solutions are better than one right? I’m positive this rank will get more people voting, and by the looks of it quite a few other people do too.

• @redeastwood#17303 my argument is that nobody wants the shiny title, "voter". And since establishing a new rank goes against the core principle of Total Freedom ("All-op"), my suggestion is simply to circumvent this voting issue by simply giving people the perks, but not the rank.