I don’t like the new forums

• Can you give some more info on exactly what's not easy to navigate? It should be reasonably self explanatory once you start to use it...?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#16374

Well it might be the software itself I don’t like but here are some things

• No notifications tab
    • a ton of unnecessary feeling menus
    • very annoying unread notifications
    • very annoying shuffling of threads when you read one
    • just my opinion but i prefer liking on here over the reactions feature
    • over complicated everything in my opinion

I have always liked this forum because of how simplified and mobile user friendly it feels

• So on mobile, the notifications show up as red dots. For notifications themselves, they are on your profile (The notification on the left is to tell me I have un-read threads in boards I follow)

Wild1145

@UnderTails#16378 No notifications tab

There is, on both mobile and desktop. Hopefully on mobile I've made it more easy to find.

@UnderTails#16378 a ton of unnecessary feeling menus

Any specifically you're referring to? I get quite a lot because there are a lot of moderator stuff I see, but would like to know what you see as unnecessary...

@UnderTails#16378 very annoying unread notifications

Annoying how? In how they look or the fact you get them at all?

@UnderTails#16378 very annoying shuffling of threads when you read one

This shouldn't be a thing? Can you elaborate?

@UnderTails#16378 just my opinion but i prefer liking on here over the reactions feature

I'll have a look, I'm 99% sure you can have "Liking" - Reactions are just the default way things work, no reason we can't either add to it or swap stuff out fully.

@UnderTails#16378 over complicated everything in my opinion

It'll look more complex than Flarum, but that's the cost of a "Real" forum suite.

Wild1145

@wild1145#16399 There is, on both mobile and desktop. Hopefully on mobile I've made it more easy to find.

with your image above i can see it now :)

@wild1145#16399 Any specifically you're referring to? I get quite a lot because there are a lot of moderator stuff I see, but would like to know what you see as unnecessary...

when you go on the forums you have to swipe through multiple menus to get to the forum page where all of the posts are. I find it annoying and unnecessary compared to how it’s setup on flarum where it’s just the forums, and centralized

@wild1145#16399 Annoying how? In how they look or the fact you get them at all?

It’s annoying because it notifies you about absolutely all activity on the forums, and i don’t want to be notified about it. And it’s tough to read everything to make them go away because every time you leave a thread the rest of them shuffle around and you lose your place

@wild1145#16399 This shouldn't be a thing? Can you elaborate?

When you read a thread the other threads changes order when you finish it, making it tough to tell what you have and haven’t read which is annoying when you’re trying to get rid of notifications

@wild1145#16399 I'll have a look, I'm 99% sure you can have "Liking" - Reactions are just the default way things work, no reason we can't either add to it or swap stuff out fully.

👍

@wild1145#16399 It'll look more complex than Flarum, but that's the cost of a "Real" forum suite.

Okay. I am just very used to the flarum setup we have and I feel very attached to the way it is. I think that i’ll get used to the new one over time, these are just some issues I don’t like about it.