Server Infrastructure Access

• In the interests of total transparency where it's practical to do so, I wanted to outline the current setup we have in place for access to the servers core infrastructure, along with information where it's hosted and anything that might be of interest I feel to the community so they know why some of these decisions were made how they were.

There is a list of exactly who are in the groups that grant such accesses (Where central group management is enabled) - Longer term I'll look to merge the posts into one, but I forgot I had written this one some time previous.

The Freedom Minecraft Server VPS (Live)

The Live Server has now been moved to form part of the panel, as a result this specific section is no longer valid.

The Freedom Minecraft Server VPS (Development Servers)

The Development Server(s) have now been moved to form part of the panel, as a result this specific section is no longer valid.

The Underlying Database Server(s)

Where we are using MySQL services, these currently connect to the ATLAS Corporate Database service where access is controlled as part of our corporate security policies. There will be no scope for other members of this community to have access to these services.

The Forums VPS

The VPS the forums runs on is only accessible to myself, and there is no current intention to grant other individuals access to this server.

The TotalFreedom Website

The website and forums have now merged. As a result this section is no logner valid.

Servers Under the Panel

Currently root and myself have full root access to the panel server, as well as "*.Infra" servers which is the node the MC Servers are actually running on. We will maintain patching / security at the platform layer.

Further to https://totalfreedom.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TN…+Account+Access which has now been put in place, it will be the responsibility of the game-mode / server owners to maintain an appropriate panel access list as and when we move servers onto the panel. They may chose to publish access lists / maintain them however they see fit.

Notes

I will attempt to keep this as up to date as I can, and the infrastructure configuration will change and evolve over time as I continue to understand the requirements we need for hosting, and as the ATLAS hosting business adapts and upgrades it's own infrastructure.

If you have any concerns around the access configuration, please reach out to me directly.

For anyone who is interested, I have previously written up some blog posts at a more technical level around some of the ATLAS access controls which you can find here:

AWS Lockdown Setup - https://blog.atlas-media.co.uk/2020/09/20/how…our-aws-estate/

VPN / SSO Setup - https://blog.atlas-media.co.uk/2020/10/10/vpn…these-problems/

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

Edited once, last by wild1145: Updates to reflect panel setup. (September 17, 2022 at 8:56 PM).

• Updated based on the thread with the user list.
    Removed mention to the VPN
    Updated actual access granted.
    Clarified access which is provisioned.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK