Master Builder Discussion

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • There's been a lot of discussion in the past few hours regarding 'Master Builder'.

To me, Master Builder is a title, but not a rank. Master Builders are no different to OPs; it is a title to show you are great at building, or great at other forms of creativity. I believe that you shouldn't have to apply for a title, and instead the ECD should pick people that they seem fit for MB.

That's my view, but what's yours? If you're an OP, MB or an admin, it doesn't matter, I and I think many others would like to know what you see 'Master Builder' as.

• i see master builder as a group of people who are interested in building to benefit the server
    master builders apply knowing that they will help in projects when the ECD requests
    they should have the mbw where they can all build there whether its projects or to showcase their builds
    thats just my view on it

• Good builders formally recognized by the server. I never wanted to "force" anybody to help with server projects, so I see it more as an achievement instead of a job title.

Note: I think there's a bit of a general misunderstanding that being an MB implies a level of trust associated with the title/rank. This is not the case, and never has been. If I encounter a good build on the server I will message the builder regarding applying for MB. I don't take trustworthiness into account at all besides a plagiarism check.
    If you're a good enough builder you will become MB within a week's time.