Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @UnderTails#15010 Because it's not a choice. The policy on the server is those who greif are gtfo'd and rolled back. It's not just your builds on the server, and most players would appreciate getting their builds mostly back to how they were. As videogamesm12 says why the hell would someone stick around to let us roll them back, which then just results in making the admins job even more difficult to then make sure they are banned. It also assumes they haven't re-logged or the server has not re-started, and it fucks the coreprotect history up to the point that the odds are your build will be in a significantly worse state than if it had been rolled back as standard.

If you are that worried about your builds being attacked, that's what the plot world is for, and you should build in there. Otherwise expect for your builds to be subject to roll backs when we remove a griefer from the server.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @UnderTails#15016 And admins shouldn't be doing that... It's not just your builds that person may have damaged, often it won't be.

It's great you can fix your own build, but most players can't, and it's exceptionally selfish and irresponsible to demand admins not roll back someone who has damaged your builds and others, just because it's easier for you. Because what then again ends up happening is they just get rolled back eventually anyway when another player complains, which does more harm than good to everyone.

We roll players back for a reason when they are banned, admins shouldn't be no roll back banning unless there's a really good reason, and because it makes your life a bit more difficult to be brutally honest isn't an acceptable excuse here.

TLDR Here - Admins should be following standard rules when banning, and rolling back grief unless there's a very good excuse not to. This suggestion doesn't fix the root cause, and in my view will do far more damage than good in every single case it will be used.

Wild1145

@wild1145#15017 It's great you can fix your own build, but most players can't, and it's exceptionally selfish and irresponsible to demand admins not roll back someone who has damaged your builds and others, just because it's easier for you.

You've missed the point. A core protect roll back fucks up so many things about a build that the builder needs to break the blocks and place them again correctly. Stairs for example, if you rollback with coreprotect stairs face in the most random directions; the same goes for glass panes and slabs. So its not easier for Undertails to redo his build himself because he's a good builder, its easier because coreprotect would have him doing the exact same work.

@wild1145#15003 It was only reported at the start of this year

https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/334-we-reall…nable-nbt-paste
    https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/1125-curious…rotect-data-bug
    https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/334-we-reall…nable-nbt-paste
    https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/233-allow-mbs-to-use-nbt-paste

5 months.

• @wild1145#15017 no...

a griefer will a lot of times just affect my build and i’ll get a -nrb

i remember one time a guy came on a minor griefed spawn and someone’s build and my base

we both begged the admin not to rb and i fixed spawn by hand

it saved us a lot of work not having the rollback

it is absolutely a choice not to have an rb

if people are asking for one than yeah it would be acceptable but all the time the grief is specifically asked to be not rollbacked by the players, and there is no reason we shouldn’t have that choice.

• @redeastwood#15018 I'm not missing the point at all, there is a known issue with the way AWE talks to CoreProtect, and that's being worked on actively. The exact point I'm making is it is not fair for a single player to demand an admin not roll back a ban because it might impact their build, because they have no idea the impact on other players that it will impact. I would argue it's far more damaging to our servers reputation and a far worse experience to come back to your entire build being levels rather than having to fix stairs / similar.

I know the roll back issues are annoying and painful, but as I've said before, that's the risk with building outside of the plot world, and I expect admins to roll back grief when banning players unless there's an exceptionally good reason why you shouldn't.

Wild1145

Again, not saying it's not been a while, but saying 8 months ago I didn't even own the server, much less had visibility over the issues at the time. This was raised as a high priority issue at the start of the year, and we're working on it, but I only have so much dev capacity, and there are higher priority issues we've had to field, not to mention this issue has proven to be quite technically complex to identify the root cause of, much less fix.

Wild1145

• So, here's a rundown of why CoreProtect is acting weirdly in the form of a graph that I totally didn't just make in MSPaint in like 5 minutes:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/769659654186860568/833310933170389012/unknown.png

CoreProtect appears to be doing its job correctly, but the problem is the data that is coming into the plugin in the first place. We use BlocksHub to make AsyncWorldEdit's changes logged by CoreProtect. As BlocksHub seemingly mangles the NBT data but doesn't affect AsyncWorldEdit's session data (including NBT), it would explain why CoreProtect fucks up and why //undoing doesn't.

The proper solution (for our current setup) would be fixing BlocksHub. Hopefully this clears up some confusion as for which plugin is causing the problem.

image.png

• @wild1145#15020 there is an exceptionally good reason almost every time which is that an rb will cause more damage than the grief did

it is a lot of times just better to fix it by hand

The plot world is not a place most builders like building, and if you think that all players should just build there you don’t understand the guild culture of the server and how we have communities.

• @UnderTails#15019 If an admin can prove with 100% certainty that it's only your build been impacted (And I doubt they will be able to often) then that's fair enough, I have no issue there. But, that falls into the exception that makes the rule. You do not have the right to demand that anything that damages your build not be rolled back, because it very often you're not going to be the only one affected.

As I've said before, the worlds which are not plots are not protected, if you don't want your builds to be at risk of being targeted, move them to the plot world... Otherwise roll back comes with the nature of this server...

Wild1145

Just where the post seems to be being edited, I'll re-clarify. I believe a number of those suggestions were not relating to the actual CoreProtect roll back issue, and were instead asking for NBT pasting, which is a very different issue, and totally un-releated, which caused a lot of confusion trying to understand the issue here.

Wild1145

• @wild1145#15024 i would love to have a 4000 x 4000 block plot that is completely cleared down to bedrock

and then i would have to copy and paste 1.25 billion blocks if i wanted to move all my builds to the plot world

plus it is usually quite obvious whether a build is the only grief by a player and doesn’t need a full investigation

• @UnderTails#15023 Which may be the case for your builds, but won't for everyone's, which is my point here. You're talking about your builds but you haven't stopped to consider that by not rolling the damage back, you're fucking other players over as well, which is my issue with your demand for no roll back.

And I'm not saying the plot world is ideal, but I'm saying that's the place you should be building if you want total control over who can interact with your builds. Regions won't be permitted in the long term and is something I'm working to remove in a sane way because of the amount of issues (Especially the Imperium one) caused to us in the past.

Wild1145

• @redeastwood#15026 Because otherwise we go back to the 2500 block world edit limits which won't be permitted to be overridden.

Wild1145

@UnderTails#15027 it is usually quite obvious whether a build is the only grief by a player and doesn’t need a full investigation

you seriously underestimate how quick we work to get griefers banned; there is little time for investigation

• @UnderTails#15027 Could certainly be done, it is the point of the plot world. Would be nothing stopping you / others claiming the appropriate plots and them being merged. Historically we've been told you don't want them.

Also that's great you have that confidence, but without proof to back those claims up I don't expect admins to be no-rollback'ing bans.

All of this is going off topic, so here's the TLDR.

The suggestion is already implemented under another command (/gcmd as mentioned) but admins shouldn't be using it to undo worldedit's because it's not sustainable or practical ways forward.

Wild1145