Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • i have a idea a server like the total freedom 1 but then on a older version for people that don't want to use payed hack clients or other stuff i think it should be on 1.12.2 so people can use more clients or you can add that to total freedom 1
    (the highest version is 1.15.2)

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• i remember there being quite a few conflicts that could occur with bungee or some shit when we had a discussion about this with smp, dont quote me on that though my memory is a bit fuzzy

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• @lyicx#14902 SMP wasn't permitted to be a different reason because it didn't meet the strategy I'm going for, I want multiple options for players to play on the current and up to date version of MC.

It is possible for us to run multiple versions, and I had been pondering if a 1.8 version was practical (Though I think the conversations I had was that TFM would not be compatible without a fairly hefty amount of work) so this is technically possible, but I'm 50/50 on if I want to consider it at all.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• There seem to be two conflicting ideas here: an old version of Minecraft with an old version of TFM, and an old version of Minecraft with a customized modern version of TFM. The old TFM of course has nostalgia value, but on the other hand, that means very little to new players.

• So for folks interested, this is the breakdown of folks who try to connect to the network based on MC Version, now the 1.16.X Stats will be skewed because they actually can connect.

Table showing most played Minecraft versions connecting to the TF Network

With that in mind, I would imagine if we were to be targeting a different MC version other than "The latest" (Which we currently do) we'd probably look at 1.8.x because people seem to already be trying to connect on that.

With that said though, right now the focus is getting the current network growing, legacy versions might be something we do in the future, but we're just not there yet.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK