Show the remaining ban time on a ban

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I vote for displaying the remaining duration of the ban and not the timestamp at which the unban takes place. I'm not a fan of the local timezone idea because geolocation doesn't work if the user is using a VPN, and without the local timezone it requires too much effort to convert. Displaying the remaining duration, on the other hand, is a very simple calculation internally and is always immediately clear.

• I don't like the idea of trying to be smart with timezones, it'll end up in a mess especially with things like BST vs GMT and all that mess.

Bans should be stores as UTC anyway and anyone should be able to google their way through that.

I am happy with the idea of adding the time remaining to the ban message, possibly replacing it with the exact time stamp going forward.

FS-208 raised to add remaining time to ban screens.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK