Admin Help role on discord

• @Ashaz#13488 Staff members would be reserved for individuals who actively help the server in many ways, but perhaps can’t join the server and fulfil their admin duties. Elmon works extensively with the TF bot, is a great forum admin and developer, but isn’t able to come online due to work etc - that is a perfect example of someone who should be a staff member but not an admin.

• @redeastwood#13487 So you aim to limit the number of people we have that can potentially administrate on the server through some weird system even though that directly goes against the entire reason we stopped doing activity checks?

• @elmon#13490 We stopped doing activity checks because we do not have enough players. You would still be a staff member just not an admin. Tell me, when is the last time you actually got on and did your job as an admin? This system of differentiating staff members and admins would save you from answering that question.

@redeastwood#13491 We stopped doing activity checks because we do not have enough players.

Because we didn't have enough admins, the logic was and still is that if we have a large pool of admins that can come on and administrate at any time, it increases the chances of most timezones having at least 1 admin on at all times.

@redeastwood#13491 Tell me, when is the last time you actually got on and did your job as an admin? This system of differentiating staff members and admins would save you from answering that question.

I'm not ashamed of prioritizing my future over coming on and administrating lol and it was last Friday (not that it matters).

Point is that removing admins is slightly out of the scope of this suggestion, if anything it would move to decrease the number of admins on at any given time and thus increasing the chance that the feature being suggested in this thread will be needed.

• On the grounds that all admins should expect to be pingged where appropriate, I'm going to decline this.

If admins throw a fit at being pingged, then raise it with the EAO Team.

I would strongly suggest pinging people who aren't in Do not Disturb and who's timezones you know would make them awake at the time so you don't piss people off, and don't just jump straight for me / exec's / seniors, go for anyone that can help that you think is online and willing...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK