Admin Help role on discord

• Ok, here is my idea

some admins like lyicx, video are fine with being pinged, but others will rip you limb from limb for it.

what if we added a role that admins can opt into or not that lets people ping them

so if someone needs help in game they can ping the role and get help instead of trying to ping people individually scared of being murdered for it.

this would help since in the past few days we seem to have lost a lot of admins, and people are having problems while there are no admins on, and it would help everyone out.

so yeah

that’s my suggestion

• Vouch. I know people can use their discord status to show whether or not they're free but this would definitely be a good addition.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I don't think this is a bad idea. We shouldn't expect OPs to know which admins are available and which ones aren't, nor the time zones of admins. I think a single go-to option for admin help would allow people to get problems fixed quicker. Vouch.

• @UnderTails#13376 That shouldn't have been the case, being an admin comes with its responsibility and being pinged for important things is one of them.

Im sorry that you had to be warned in such a way.

Just like what shdwo has mentioned; The best way to report griefers are via forum conduct reports.

• We have admins with widely varying degrees of activity especially given that we don't do activity checks. Naturally, many are more willing to be actively ready to help than others. I see no downsides to incorporating this.

It only makes sense as the more active admins can opt-in to this feature and it means that OPs can have a reliable way to request quick assistance.

• @Shdwo#13377 the problem is in the times of coreprotect not working, there is no time to lose.

some mornings in the times of hammelhopfenn, he would log on and start griefing stuff, and i could only stand there and watch as stuff was destroyed and i had no faith that it could be fixed with any plugin we had

it would be hours of repairs afterwards and one time it was such a terrible grief that i just left the server for 3 weeks after the repairs because i felt so frustrated

conduct reports on forums are good, but not fast enough when you have a mass griefer doing insane shit, and a broken grief rollback system.

• Iirc the /report command pings admins in their own Discord server chat. During the testing of the Debate Channel, the Discord alert sound has been heard from the speaking admin as soon as I sent one. I believe it won't work if their status is set to Do not disturb or the channel is muted.

The Discord server rules clearly state that you can mention individual admins for issues that need to be solved. (It's mentioned you are allowed to ping an entire role for things like imminent threat to the server but normal users can't do that.)

The forum has a dedicated section for reporting problems that don't require an immediate response.

I believe the needed tools are already there, we just need to make the most out of them.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• This entire suggestion aims to weed out the determined and more able admins from those who aren’t hands on and don’t help OPs when needed.

If anything we need to strip the admin role of individuals who cannot get in game and help, and simply keep them as server staff.

• @elmon#13484 Because then OPs can tag admins and not just staff members? The premise of the suggestion was to make a pingable admin role. Making all admins pingable by removing inactive admins would surely counter this issue.