Give seniors the ability...

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • ...to handle, investigate and sanction admins that are reported
    Hello guys

We saw very recently that an admin got suspended after 1-2 weeks of them doing behaviour that an OP could do and get banned for in less than a minute. This is not right.

In the past you could report an admin through the senior admin lounge. You could also report them through IA. These systems were separate from the EAO team and were beneficial in the fast actions needed in order to suspend an admin.

My suggestion is to give seniors the ability to handle reports and be able to sanction people accordingly. Seniors are meant to be setting an example for OPs and lower admins, and it would not hurt to give them more responsibility.

This would also quicken the pace of investigations.

Edit: I would also like to remind admins of a certain situation that happened weeks ago regarding a certain admin not handling reports properly, and the EAOs did nothing, so me and other admins had to investigate. This system would help in those situations

• Ivan was suspended soon after he was reported. The problem isn't that the EAO team took too long to deal with a report that would have otherwise been faster dealt with had it been reported to a senior, it's that there was a lack of a report at all.

• Very hard and strong object. The EAO team was built for a reason. They are extremely competent and I trust them entirely - there has not been an instance where either elmon, fionn or James have disregarded an admin report. They are cogent in thinking and act according to policy. This would render the EAO team useless, something they are not.

• As Miwo says, Seniors previously had this power, but it gradually shifted away from them to the Admin Officers. I do not think it makes sense to give that power back unless we also revert the Admin Officer rank, which would be a very major overhaul for a comparatively small problem.

• it's a lot more complicated than a "just ban them" as many times have proven that suspensions done quick miss many details and lead to the admin being reinstated just hours later.
    as long as they are not an active threat, i seriously don't find having investigation time is that bad of a thing
    in this situation, it has been shown that they were banned less than a day after the report and so assuming that it will always be the EAO's fault for a late suspension is wrong.
    also the IA still took time to suspend
    object

• I think it used to be the case (between the old system and now) that seniors could make a "suspension request" but I can't find that now. At the moment, I'm not sure whether a senior is permitted to remove someone who is in the act of going rogue and needs to be removed - if that is right then I think that should be changed. From what I've seen, the executives are very quick to take action and very effective, but I don't expect them to be available within a minute, which may be necessary if someone is actively and maliciously abusing admin commands.

So I would support allowing seniors to remove (perhaps pending investigation by execs) for breaches of rules in category 4 (indefinite suspensions) of the staff conduct policy where it cannot wait.

• As far as Im aware and witnessed, seniors can suspend admins who go rogue or neglect your admins duties by abusing their powers in-game such as failure to punish or listen to senior orders in important times but the AOs should be made aware of it as soon as it helps for further investigation.

Correct me if Im wrong.

• As a general rule of thumb, the most senior admin in game at any given time has "Operational Authority" for lack of a better term, so like I was telling the admins yesterday around players intentionally skirting around the rules and being a pain in everyone's ass, if there is someone being abusive / going rogue or similar, the ranking online admin has full authority to suspend / similar that admin as they see fit. Senior admins should still retain the permissions to remove any admin from the admin list, so realistically it'll have to be a senior admin that does so as standard admins don't have such permissions.

The only addition is if it's not the EAO or myself removing an admin, the EAO team need to then be notified immediately after the admin has been removed, so they can take appropriate action.

In short this is already a thing for the issues you highlight, and I don't feel it is needed to re-delegate the full authority to seniors directly.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK