Give mass griefing a larger punishment

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Ok

so today a griefer named mxchxrn something came on and griefed a lot of stuff, like a LOT of stuff.

and he was banned after a half our or so, and coreprotect promptly fucked all the builds like usual.

ThePyroMan had every one of his builds destroyed and i had to do an hour of repairs on a city.

I think its utterly ridiculous someone can come on and commit atrocities like this and put in so much effort in destroying people’s work, and come back the next day (24 hours later) with no consequences, able to repeat it.

what i think we should do is that if the admin who finds the grief and bans the griefer judges it to be a mass grief, it’s a 2 week ban, or even a month ban.

a 24 hour ban is just a ridiculously short amount of time for weeks of work lost, and sends no message to the griefer.

so yeah.

• Vouch. If we claim to be a building server, then our builders shouldn't have to go through a complete grief of their builds, so much so that they are required to spend an hour making reparations. If they do, the least we could do as a staffing committee is dish out tougher sanctions so that this won't be repeated.

• If our system was working properly, this rule would not make sense, because there would be no difference between a small and a large grief. Therefore, if we do implement this, I think it should be lifted once the underlying issue has been fixed.

• @StevenNL2000#13168 i agree

for the "moment" (past 8 months) mass griefs are really horrible because they do lasting damage that people have to fix by hand, and i think if an admin judges a grief to be super damaging it should be a mass grief and a month ban instead of a day.

• @UnderTails#13169 As much as I agree with mass griefing having extended bans, I feel jumping from a day to a month is a bit too much.

Also a problem with this unfortunately is how subjective it is. There are going to be griefs punished with a day ban that other staff might punish with a month. Players are going to get banned for a month for griefing less than someone else gor a day for.

And as much as they shouldn't grief, it's gonna lead to a lot of appeals and people feeling hard done by.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Vouch, I say a perm ban should be in place if a user griefs for, let's say three times. It seems to be (though correct me if I'm wrong) that we're letting people grief a dozen times or more before they get a perm ban.

• I used to give out perm ban requests if people griefed majorly after 2-3 times of them doing it. Server crashers obviously only have one chance because they are more malicious than griefers. If the server were to do this, maybe do the usual 24h ban, then a 1 week ban, and then a perm ban.

• We have indef bans for a reason, if there is a player coming on and attacking builds over and over, they should be flagged for an indef ban. 24 Hours is setup for a reason, and I don't think increasing that is going to actually solve this problem either.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK