Faking Official Announcement

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • It has come on our radar that some operators are using the discord server-chat channel to make fake announcements that look legit in the eyes of admins and operators.

I would like to make it clear that this type of action is not allowed and those that continue to do so will be sanctioned accordingly. This seems to be a trend among some operators, and they have been warned.

Avoid faking messages that look official in order to spread falsified information no matter the context.

• I will write something when I'm feeling better, I don't fully agree with this or how the rules have been understood.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I am going to re-iterate what I said in the previous thread. I understand that making fake official messages is against the rules, especially if they are designed to impersonate admins or frame them.

However, silly messages, as long as they don't break any other rules, I don't get why we are so against this. I will admit iIve used rawsay as few times for a bit of fun. So I don't see why we can't allow ops to do this (I'm not talking about rawsay here btw, i'm talking about the concept of "faking announcements") it's basically the same as using /me to an extent.

We are yet again trying to do something that limits freedom for the sake of it here.
    I think it should be allowed as long as it meets this criteria:
    1)It has to be an obviously fake message
    2)It isn't used in such a way to frame an admin or player, in which case would fall under section 1e.

image.png

• @jjjaguar2000#12983 Our problem isn't related to the usage of /me or its alternatives, we have a couple of cases that were brought up by admins which contain messages such as [TotalFreedom] and [Alert] with colour codes that look legit in the eyes of players.

As long as the message can be obviously fake by its format, then we dont have a problem.

• For clarity, the creation of these fake announcements IS NOT against the rules in themselves. I am more than happy for people to take the piss and do these, I don't see it being a major issue if I'm perfectly honest.

The only rules that I see applying here is 1.E

e. Framing any (ex)member of TotalFreedom.

And 2.B

b. Tricking players into breaking a rule.

If the messages do not breach either of those rules, they should be permitted as they always have been. The original rule of "No you can't make these at all" in my mind is rubbish and is just there to create easy sanctions rather than anything else...

Please apply common sense though folks, that's the bottom line here.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK