LGBTQ+ Rights / Similar Discussion

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@billy7oblos#11447 the fact that the amount of people becoming lgbt (and zooz and pedos) is increasing by the day.

it's probably because they aren't being killed or burned for admitting to their sexualities anymore lmao

• @fleshly#11451 but if its really a 'sexuality' and they only love the same gender than wouldn't they take freedom at the first chance they got? why is it still increasing (it was legal 18 years ago) also what about the suicide rate? i addressed

@billy7oblos#11447 this would be not only impossible to p

this in my ^rant

• @Miwojedk#11445 Some might disagree. Many transmedicalists and parts of the truscum community believe that the gender dysphoria mental illness is what causes transgenderism rather than a conscious choice, as dysphoria is the definition of a disconnect from mental and physical gender identities. You need a dysphoria diagnosis in order to get any transition treatment approved iirc.

• @billy7oblos#11447

@billy7oblos#11447 For thousands of years potential gays have been able to completely overcome their 'attraction' and function as normal straight members of society

No, they probably got killed for it (still happens today), shunned for it, or due to society being extremely religious, lived their lives hating themselves for what they are. Yeah.. we should go back to those days, shouldn't we?

• @hammelhopfan#11454 i addressed this in my paragraph, history tells us that is was much less than 5% of society being killed when gays were killed, the number would probably be similar to the number of zoophiles and other deviants being killed.
    As for hating themselves, wouldn't they be more prone to commit suicide back when their 'sexuality' was repressed than now? the answer is certainly yes, the suicide rate would have been much higher if 5% of society was forced not to have sex with who they loved. The clear fact is that the number of homosexuals have increased by a ton, they simply did not exist before.

@billy7oblos#11450 that is why i put evolution

homosexual behavior, like I said, is found in many animals (that came to be through evolution), such as lions and swans, and many others. This implies that although two males generally cannot reproduce, that homosexual behavior and tendencies still provides something beneficial. And regardless, humans pride ourselves on being intelligent and able to grow beyond our instincts - the internet was not created by natural selection, yet it is still widely accepted around the world. Any modern amenity was not created by natural selection, but again, they are all accepted in our daily lives.

@billy7oblos#11452 but if its really a 'sexuality' and they only love the same gender than wouldn't they take freedom at the first chance they got?

No because even though something is technically legal (or illegal, such as racial discrimination in the US), that doesn't mean those things don't happen through other means (e.g systemic racism in the US) or that the perception of those things is suddenly flipped. Someone that identifies as LGTBQ+ may not reveal their true identity out of fear. Yes, the law provides some vague protection for LGTBQ+ (although a certain group is trying to do away with those as we speak) but that doesn't stop friends and family from being hateful about it, and it doesn't stop people in a community from ostracizing them.

@billy7oblos#11452 why is it still increasing (it was legal 18 years ago)

As mentioned before, legal retribution is not the only fear for coming out as LGTBQ+ and as more people begin to understand and accept them, more and more people will come out since the cons of doing so begin to phase out.

• @Darth#11460

@Darth#11460 homosexual behavior, like I said, is found in many animals

I addressed this, but i will add that animals don't know the difference (they do it because the get pleasure) and they don't exclusively like the same gender (they have sex with whatever gender). Also some animals kill 'homosexuals' in their own animal communities.

@Darth#11460 it doesn't stop people in a community from ostracizing them.

bullshit lmao, you claim they born naturally attracted to the same gender and they cant control it and yet they hide their whole 'sexual identity' just so people don't insult them? just so people don't 'hate ' them?
    look at when slavery was made illegal, do you think the slaves would have stayd slaves because "people would hate them" like NO wtf

@Darth#11460 may not reveal their true identity out of fear

fear of what? no one can hurt them and they are fully protected under the law, its illegal even to discriminate against them in jobs

@billy7oblos#11462 I addressed this, but i will add that animals don't know the difference (they do it because the get pleasure) and they don't exclusively like the same gender (they have sex with whatever gender).

So? Sex isn't purely for reproduction in mammals, and especially humans and other primates. Also, they definitely notice the difference. Animals can sense when females are fertile, they definitely know they are the same gender.

@billy7oblos#11462 ou claim they born naturally attracted to the same gender and they cant control it

Strawman - why should they HAVE to control that aspect of themselves? And no in general they cannot control it. If you think someone is unattractive (ugly, to use a more common word), try and force yourself to be sexually attracted to them. Sexuality is something that can be controlled.

@billy7oblos#11462 they hide their whole 'sexual identity' just so people don't insult them? just so people don't 'hate ' them?

Yes. There are countless examples of LGTBQ+ people being unfairly discriminated against, ridiculed, and bullied because of their identity.

@billy7oblos#11462 look at when slavery was made illegal, do you think the slaves would have stayd slaves because "people would hate them"

Why are we comparing being LGTBQ+ to slavery now?

• @Darth#11469 first of all sex is for reproduction (from an evolution point of view)

@Darth#11469 Also, they definitely notice the difference.

lmao so basically you are saying that its a natural feature of animals to have sex with the same gender. (basically waste their time) for absolutely no reason, just for fun

@Darth#11469 And no in general they cannot control it.

i am gonna assume you intended to say 'they can control it' based on everything else you said? if that is the case than we agree ig, being able to control a bad 'fetish' you develop is a given. if its natural though it would be very hard to control

@Darth#11469 Yes. There are countless examples of LGTBQ+ people being unfairly discriminated against, ridiculed, and bullied because of their identity.

again if it really was their identity, why tf would they hide (their whole identity) just because some people insult them. keep in minds its illegal to discriminate against lgbt

@Darth#11469 Why are we comparing being LGTBQ+ to slavery now?

its not a comparison i just pointed out that if you were a slave (because you are black) than its part of your identity that you actually cant control, and as expected they took their rights and did not let hate keep them down

• @billy7oblos#11473

1. people don't have their sexualities printed on their chests you know, you might be able to tell a black person from a white person but it's a lot harder to tell a gay person from a straight person just with your eyes
    2. they might be protected in the us but in nations like saudi arabia they're basically defenseless
  • @Darth#11497 i talked about this in my rant. but anyway in this kind of argument you need to prove that they (5% of people who are secretly gay but somehow suppress themselves while still having lower suicide rate than their counterparts in America ) do exist not the other way around

• I wonder how many people in this thread has a background in evolutionary psychology, biology, philosophy or have ever read a single study / research paper.

Half the thread is about a fallacious appeal to nature. Some spider species eat their mates. Male ducks rape female ducks. Dogs piss on the ground to mark their territory. Trying to somehow contort this argument into something about why / why not homosexuality is found in nature is beyond retarded. Sex is not sought out (at least in terms of most mammals) for kiddies. For most, if not all mammals it’s sought out for pleasure. This is why we make cum.
    It doesn’t matter if homosexuality is found in nature. You’re trying to appeal to the fact that my dog buries their turd in a patch of dirt and arguing that this is ample reason for us to start shitting in my backyard. The same exact thing can be said of religion. Just because in some absurd scripture it is stated that “being x is wrong” has nothing to do with it being morally right or wrong. On a personal basis, yes, it might dictate how you view it, but you’d be laughed at trying to arguing against cutting your beard in today’s age, despite it being forbidden in the Hebrew Bible: “You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard.” (Lev 19:27). Basing sociatal norms on a holy book from 1000-3000 years ago is ridiculous. Ever heard of the seperation of church and state?

@billy7oblos could it be that, as society becomes more accepting of deviations from the norm, that opressed and marginalized groupings (e.g. homosexuals) start to emerge from the closet? Do you flaunt your sexuality wherever you go? How can you reasonably expect that the woman on the sidewalk is indeed a woman, and not a man without making an assumption or knowing what’s inbetween their legs? Same goes for sexuality, you have no way to reasonably know whether or not a stranger is homosexual or not, therefore it is ludicrous mock the idea that “5% of society were secretly gay”. On that same note: do you honestly think we have accurate data going back more than half a century on suicide rates? Unless you’ve got some sort of study or paper on the subject, then you’re just pulling numbers and ‘factoids’ out of thin air.
    Nobody, not then nor now, have “completely overcome their attraction”. You can supress your sexual identity, which may lead to further disorder, or they could choose to accept their sexuality and thus be subject to being shunned by your family, social circle and society as a whole. That’s not to also mention the copious amount of scrutiny, physical / mental torture or the constant fear of death as a result of said persecution. This is still happening to a lesser extent in Western societies, and in some places you’ll still get killed for your sexuality. I’m sorry, but what you’ve said so far in this thread only displays a plain ignorant reading of history.

Your implication that it’s easy to be homosexual in (Western) society today is also silly. The quote

if its really a 'sexuality' and they only love the same gender than wouldn't they take freedom at the first chance they got?

is a prime example of this. The underlying assumption here is that we now have the “liberty” to love the same gender. Legally yes, but it's a very naive to think that just because something is (il)legal means that it no longer happens. Killing is illegal yet it still happens.
    In the US approximately 30-45% of the country still disapprove of homosexuality in general, not just gay marriage. And 25% of Americans believe that homosexuality should be banned. Legality does not equal cultural acceptance.
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/1651/gay-lesbian-rights.aspx

@billy7oblos

history tells us that is was much less than 5% of society being killed when gays were killed, the number would probably be similar to the number of zoophiles and other deviants being killed

Citation needed.

@billy7oblos

As for hating themselves, wouldn't they be more prone to commit suicide back when their 'sexuality' was repressed than now?

Yes.

@billy7oblos

the suicide rate would have been much higher if 5% of society was forced not to have sex with who they loved.

Citation needed.

@billy7oblos

The clear fact is that the number of homosexuals have increased by a ton, they simply did not exist before.

Citation needed. A correlation does not mean causation. I would certainly contend that the percent of people with homosexual desires have stayed more or less constant, but the percent of people out of the closet has exponentially risen alongside cultural acceptance. My argument requires the least amount of assumptions, so I would very much like to see the stats you have on the subject matter.

@billy7oblos

you claim they born naturally attracted to the same gender and they cant control it and yet they hide their whole 'sexual identity' just so people don't insult them?

Just so people “don’t insult them” is such a vast oversimplification and ignorant view on the issue. You make it sound like societal shunning is nothing. And your comparison afterwards: “do you think the slaves would have stayd slaves because "people would hate them"” is even more asinine.

• @hammelhopfan#11453 Dysphoria describes the anxiety, distress and torment some encounter if their gender doesn’t allign with biological sex. Transmedicalism or truscum is not a majority-held belief in the psychiatric/psychological community. Transgenderism is not a conscious choice, as you don’t choose what gender your brain chemistry has determined you to be. The clear consensus in the psychological communities is that you don’t need dysphoria in order to transition.

• @billy7oblos

with this argument, its ok to have sex with sex dolls fashioned after animals or children; no one gets hurt (so that's a bad argument

Can you make an argument as to why this wouldn't be okay without arguing against seperate aspects of it (e.g. it might lead to harm to real children/animals.)