TF Feedback Thread

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • So I think it's good to collect some feedback on TF. OPs and Admins, if you have some feedback about TF, such as something you like or something you want changing, even something you dislike here, leave it below! This will help prevent a suggestion or thread being posted for every single issue we have (and any that seem to be significant can have a thread open about them).

My feedback:

• The server is fun at times but can get boring after a while
    • Could do with some more fun plugins and maybe rolling them out quicker
  • I personally have really enjoyed playing on the server, but theres not enough stuff to mess around with, I remember we used to have some sort of pets plugin, and that was fun to play with, and so was skin restorer, which let you set your skin, at the cost of being very laggy for the server. so perhaps we should look into getting more stuff like that

• I have enjoyed playing On TF, it can get boring at times, But i would never fully leave. Yea, probably not going to be ingame for a few months, But I Really love having a server Where i can Know the community well, And i can just get on, And hang out with Nice people. Yeah, you might occasionally get called the N word, But there are alot of things that make up for that.
    I would love to see some new cosmetic plugins like a pets plugin or a plugin where you can use items to Shoot projectiles, Sort of like the frozen scythe from hypixel skyblock.

• i think i wanted to make some form of thread like this for a bit now. more for events and that though but still i encorage any ideas for events we could do along with features we can impliment here

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• The forum looks like shit.

• The content looks too closed in, always 1280 pixels wide maximum (even on 1080p monitors). The result is a retardedly huge amount of white space on the sides of the actual content itself.
      https://videogamesm12.me/jzk5rPEJLOWT.png

• The logo we're using does not fit with the modern design of Flarum.
      https://videogamesm12.me/vXZACojwZVcN.png

• The tags page is completely inconsistent with the rest of the forum's design. It's like someone took a bunch of components and hackishly threw them altogether into one page.
      https://videogamesm12.me/XKcWGw5Fy6oL.png

image.png

@videogamesm12#11519 The logo we're using does not fit with the modern design of Flarum.

It was on my agenda as server liaison to invest in a new logo. I was willing to front the cost too, but wild shut that idea down because "we had already been rebranded too much".

Its seems like your main problem is with the forum, and that’s out of our jurisdiction.

@chargenation1158#11481 I would love to see some new cosmetic plugins like a pets plugin or a plugin where you can use items to Shoot projectiles, Sort of like the frozen scythe from hypixel skyblock.

Pets can definitely be looked into, as for shooting projectiles isn't bending enough?

@DragonSlayer2189#11477 but theres not enough stuff to mess around with, I remember we used to have some sort of pets plugin, and that was fun to play with, and so was skin restorer, which let you set your skin, at the cost of being very laggy for the server.

It seems that a pet plugin is favoured here; could you be a little more specific on the type of fun you’d like to incorporate with plugins?

• @redeastwood#11520 I personally dont think bending is enough, If i can find one i will recommend it

• I still think everything in this thread is relevant:
    https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/454-total-fr…a-shitty-server

fssp summarized it neatly:

Seconded. I find a tinge of humor in this server transitioning from a focus on the aspect of freedom to a building server when it is one of the most uncomfortable creative servers to build on.

If this server continues to move in the direction of a hobbyist's community, a decision which I would not object to alone, then what exactly is the average player supposed to do here? Block selections are handicapped, the average player cannot import schematics, and from my personal experience as a master-builder, the team is split down the middle between engaged contributors and legacy holders of the position who do not wish to engage in any team effort.

In terms of my activity as a master-builder, I was of the latter group, given that I already have a server of my own to make progress with, and my application for the position of master-builder was filed at a time when the rank was not seen as a project of dedication to the server. What we have now is the natural effect of taking a position and changing its directive.

People are going to skim over this thread and come to the conclusion that inactives are complaining to complain, however this belays something that everybody should realize: the server, in its current state, has a problem which cannot be fixed without fundamentally changing its goals. Seth and Windows firmly placed the server on differing paths, and Wild should decisively state where he wants this server to be in three years for this community to work towards that effect.

There's no use in advertising a server with no clear purpose. For those who put advertising over a change in directive, you should consider what new players are expected to do on TotalFreedom.

• I think this server has a great community, fun plugins and I find it a friendly place to make epic builds, but it would be more fun with more players.

the weekend hours with 20+ players are fun as hell

also nbt coreprotect would be incredible, and I could finally open up the imperium base to the public once again.

• Plugins that have been approved on the forum have been added to Jira to investigate further.
    Fixing CoreProtect NBT is on our to-do list, with Paldiu picking it up to investigate.

EDIT: I would also like to mention that our area of attention is mainly fixing bugs from TFM - our highest priority at the moment.

@redeastwood#11520 It seems that a pet plugin is favoured here; could you be a little more specific on the type of fun you’d like to incorporate with plugins?
    the point i was trying to get accross is that we don't need huge complicated things like bending in order to make things fun, we just need a few simple little things, mabye we consider adding something like slimefun, which has a whole bunch of stuff that would be neat to mess with.

• 1) all the stickied threads at the top of this forum are really annoying. You have to scroll down a fair bit to get to any new discussion.

2) TF is really only good for building and creative stuff. Anything else and you'll find a million other servers that do it better.

@xfilez#12043 1) all the stickied threads at the top of this forum are really annoying. You have to scroll down a fair bit to get to any new discussion.

It would be preferable to have sticky threads per section like on ProBoards, but that is yet another thing that requires a third-party plugin on Flarum.