Help Deleting Corrupted Files

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • For some reason multiple files in my Terraria folder are corrupted and I can't play the game anymore. I've tried verifying the files multiple times, deleting everything, and reinstalling steam.

idk how to use spoilers

• Go to Best Answer
  • @shrimp#11349 As Video says, the first order of business is to get all important data onto another drive. After that, you can technically still use this drive, but weird errors like this one are going to become more and more frequent.

• RIP to your hard drive. As said above, get all important data off it asap, it might even be worth booting into a live os if you plan to get all the data off at once, otherwise you’ll probably be fine using windows if you only need bits and pieces off it (I presume your windows installation is on your good drive anyway)

• The only thing I use this drive for is game data and I honestly don't really play video games anymore (except Terraria but that's on the cloud) so it doesn't matter too much to me. Honestly might just keep it and deal with it

Would installing the game to a different location fix the issue?

• wild1145 November 2, 2022 at 6:34 PM

Selected a post as the best answer.