Install a panel - Round 2

@videogamesm12#11113 The bot checks for ranks via a role check. It doesn't verify if the person with the role has a rank in-game. In other words, it asks "do they have it?" but not "are they supposed to have it?". If something were to happen where another bot (one which is backdoored) gave everyone the Senior role, uh oh. Now everyone has console-level access to the server.

The only bots that can give someone roles are Kero, the TF bot excluding smp and gmod, and Ryan’s bot. If a hacker is sophisticated enough to gain unauthorised access to any of those and has motive to cause harm to TF then the discord bot is the least of our worries.

• @videogamesm12#11127 as someone who has previously had access to the server files and has seen what you can access with them, i don't think that the bot is the biggest issue with someone going rouge, you can access a shit ton of stuff if you have access to the server files, so yeah. although i do think that you have a fair point, i don't think theres much of a need to argue about what should and should not be done with the bot unless theres a whole dedicated thread for it.

• So for clarity, yes we will be getting a panel, no I do not have a date or know what panel that will be.

I've covered off the concerns in this thread a few times before, the security of a panel is going to be similar to that of using the bot in it's current setup, and in all reality we'd probably keep the bot running as well anyway... As it is far easier to re-start the server in the discord chat rather than launching a web page to login to do it...

I'm going to (Again) approve this suggestion, because it is on the roadmap...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK