NSFW/18+/Restricted Content chat for players

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • This suggestion is guaranteed to get objections but I still think this suggestion will help the minors of our server.

So in the past few months I've noticed people frequently talking about smoking, sex, other nsfw stuff too. Now I do know that our server is meant to be full freedom but I think a line is crossed when it's about certain content like smoking.

I get that we all treat convos like this as normal conversation, however I think we should make a separate chat in the Discord which features a restricted content tag, so that we can keep the minors of our server safe.

For those in game that want access to the conversation, they just do /rchat and it allows them to see any messages sent in that Discord. The chat would require an extra role given.

I am suggesting this system over a complete ban as I want to make sure that both minors are protected from restricted-themed conversations and that people who want to have conversations regarding such topics can still have them

• Object. TotalFreedom isn't really advertised as a kid friendly server, any really excessive vulgar NSFW terms are already banned from in game and the discord.. as well as the relative content. All this would be doing is restricting the "freedom" aspect that the server tries to maintain.

• You have described NSFW here with the examples of smoking and sex. I don’t think you understand what the term NSFW actually means. NSFW is something that is unfit for work, in a professional manner. Talking about smoking, talking about sex, and whatever else you mentioned is safe for work. NSFW content is already banned on the discord server. So what I think you mean is a chat for more "adult talk".

Object - this goes against the inherent "freedom" aspect of our server. I’m also definitely not going to be switching chats every time I want to say fuck or make a sexual reference.

• i have to object, even tho i hate seeing people talk about smoking and drink etc, i dont think this is necessary.
    as admins we should just remind people of /togglediscord and you can easily ignore people in game by pressing p

• Object, its been this way that we were allowed to talk like this for years, And i personally think it isnt going to make a huge difference because half of the minors are screaming racial slurs anyways.
    I personally dont think a command would really stop anything

• Object, just as mentioned before NSFW content is already banned on all platforms of TF but what you are trying to censor is adult talks, sex and usage of drugs isn't actually talked about as much as you make it seem to be.

I know many people who do those stuff on here, including myself but I dont go talk about it as if Im proud. Again, as red has mentioned, this server isnt advertised as kid-friendly since alot of us are over the age of 18 and those talks are normal. If you cant handle those type of conversation, then the internet isn't a place for you or otherwise just ignore it which seems to work in many cases.

• It is not clear to me where the line would be drawn. There is a major difference between "He is fucking stupid" and "He is fucking his girlfriend", but having to discuss what exactly is acceptable in what context sounds a lot like the discussions around the Zero Tolerance Policy, which I think a lot people would prefer not to repeat.

• Object. It's been this way since the server's inception. Why change it now? There's nothing directly wrong with it. Server was never advertised as kid-friendly either.

1gaah.png